The death or birth of retro bikes?

I stopped using face book and the groups about a year ago. Great way to make yourself feel bad about all the slightly exaggerated things your "friends" are up to. Funny I still go out and ride with my mates just as much, just dont see so many garage queen pictures.

Bimly":2vqofynw said:
I stopped using face book and the groups about a year ago. Great way to make yourself feel bad about all the slightly exaggerated things your "friends" are up to. Funny I still go out and ride with my mates just as much, just dont see so many garage queen pictures.

I summed up facebook and decided not to bother....

Good for finding someone, bad for self esteem

Good for finding the odd bargain but NO trust with the seller or from the seller, Unlike RETROBIKE.

FACE BOOK has NO archives, NO quality conversation, NO Build Threads and NO Bike of the Month Competition.

Sure it has a place, but its NO RetroBike.

Well, I'm averse to Facebook, Twitter et al.. I haven't put a lot of time into this site either, until recently anyway. I think "Small is Beautiful" works for many things, there's obviously a size below which a site like this won't be optimal though. I detect a certain discontent here and there, but don't really understand it. I just hope it stays the troll-free, encouraging and helpful site I've always found it to be..

A well made bike is just that, regardless of age.

Like above, if you are collecting old bikes for monetary purposes i could think of better things to collect. I think differnt people see different things in bikes, some do collect for art and beauty reasons, and whos to say they are wrong, i have seen some very strange things called art before. Some collect to reminisce, some to be part of a scene.

Make the most of what time you have and persue happiness in whatever form it takes, im too old to be bothered about things 20 years from now, all my bikes are going to my daughter, she can worry about their scrap value :LOL:

I collect dust

Nice bit of dusst

200w.gif

My_Teenage_Self":1og2ulpy said:
I'm gonna be buried with my Lotus.

Not kidding, and my wife approves.

I cant afford the funeral unless i sell my bikes.... :shock:

Back