The Carlton and Raleigh Worksop/SBDU/SPD appreciation thread

non-fixie":nl3rbtj0 said:
I'm a bit of a Raleigh fan. If only because they keep popping up at ridiculously low prices here in Dutchland. Here are a few of mine.

SB7475:

720.jpg

A pair of 1984 Competition 12's:

800.jpg
Sweeeet collection!
What models are they?

ibbz":3pbgi94t said:
Sweeeet collection!
What models are they?

I'm not sure of the model designation of the Ilkeston frame. They had a 'Service des Courses' and 'Road Champion'. It could be either one.

The 'Competition 12' is just that. It was a model from '84 to '86, at least. This is from the 1984 brochure:

1k0.jpg

I have the '84 Corsa from the same brochure as well:

800.jpg

non-fixie":22oabx9v said:
ibbz":22oabx9v said:
Sweeeet collection!
What models are they?

I'm not sure of the model designation of the Ilkeston frame. They had a 'Service des Courses' and 'Road Champion'. It could be either one.

The Services des Courses had Cinelli lugs throughout. I don't think from the pic you have shown that yours has Cinelli lugs

I am the orig owner from new . I had it made to measure . Sold it then brought it back twenty years later

Re:

Been a Carlton and Raleigh fan for all of my life. I have strayed to Italian a couple of times and I currently also own a Falcon and a weight weenie Saracen but you can't beat a bit of Worksop steel!
Next years project is to find a Carlton Profesional to join the stable or even trade the stable for the right one! The plus one though would have to be a nice Worksop or earlier Sun.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,079
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,079
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 1,079
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,078
Re:

Racing on my Raleigh when I was eighteen around Brands Hatch a few years ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,070
Re: Raleigh Competition Lettering and Wingnuts, 1960s??

Some of you may speak French, I don't speak too well and can read some. Anyway, there is an interesting bike at the tontonvelo forum if I am not breaking protocol by mentioning this. I hope it is not against the rules, it's not as if this is a sales or something. There are some nice vintage bikes on that forum.

The lettering demonstrates I don't know my Raleigh Carltons, I am guessing this is the 1960s:

file.php
More photos.

Forum thread: http://forum.tontonvelo.com/viewtopic.p ... 0a17679be8

To me, it looks pre-'70s but it also looks like it has been modified with newer parts, I asked them to provide a serial number. (And spare me the embarrassment, I feel silly contributing there because I certainly am not able to say much in that lingo but it's got a lot of fun stuff as well)

Re: Re:

kamakazerider":1msilw6k said:
Been a Carlton and Raleigh fan for all of my life. I have strayed to Italian a couple of times and I currently also own a Falcon and a weight weenie Saracen but you can't beat a bit of Worksop steel!
Next years project is to find a Carlton Profesional to join the stable or even trade the stable for the right one! The plus one though would have to be a nice Worksop or earlier Sun.

Lovely collection!
I especially LOVE that Kermesse! It's stunning, beautiful bike. A keeper for sure.

I have been after a Carlton Professional (late 60ies to '71) model for quite some time with no luck.
I managed to bag a Raleigh Professional Mk. V in Mink Blue - currently being built and there's a build threadhttp://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=338351

IMG_0519.jpg

And my Carlton Criterium 1972 - (only frame and forks, stem bars and saddle now)

IMG_7225.jpg

Back