The Carlton and Raleigh Worksop/SBDU/SPD appreciation thread

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
With the Dynatech Appeeciation and Information thread on the MTB section I thought I'd add a similar one here - where people can display their Raleigh Worksop/Ikeston/SPD bikes, ask questions, get information, post pictures of their ones and generally talk about these legendary British icons of cycling.

The MTB thread has plenty road bikes in it too - great thread - let's hope this is too.

I'll start by presenting this frame on sale in gumtree, a Carlton Flyer Madison in mint condition. Shaun (Midlife) has one of these too!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/carl ... 1144885974

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

Looks like this:

Carlton_catalogue_1971_V_CC_Library.jpg

lucky its to big I could of cancelled christmas :p very nice when I get my wheel back I'll put up a finished pic of my 700

can i add a couple of pictures of 2 machines in my current stable

first up is a 1995 Dyna Tech 755 ti totally original apart from bar tape and saddle

Next up is Raleigh type 8806 frameset with G.O.D sticker

Attachments

• Dyna1.jpg
    Dyna1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,614
  • type5.jpg
    type5.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,614
biggs682":1y8j306r said:
can i add a couple of pictures of 2 machines in my current stable

first up is a 1995 Dyna Tech 755 ti totally original apart from bar tape and saddle

Next up is Raleigh type 8806 frameset with G.O.D sticker
Nice, always liked those Dynatechs (as my avatar will suggest )
Tell me more about the type 8806. Unusual.

Re:

They were sold as frameset's only from about 82 , Reynolds 531 main tubing 18-23 rest . Sold as a winter training frame and very nice to ride.

I'm a bit of a Raleigh fan. If only because they keep popping up at ridiculously low prices here in Dutchland. Here are a few of mine.

SB7475:

720.jpg

A pair of 1984 Competition 12's:

800.jpg

Back