The anti Klein brigade.

midibiker

Klein Fan
I've been into MTBs since the Raleigh Maverick days and they were part of my youth.

Muddy Fox
Alpine Stars
Orange
Trek
Cannondale etc...

I liked them all but one make captivated my attention due to the finesse of the technology and finishing.

Klein

They were amazing and commanded a price well out of what I could afford back then.
But I didn't hate them for it because they were exclusive and kind of like that woman you always dreamed of but never got.

They were something to be admired and still are to this day.

But I tend to find that a lot of people resent them and I don't know why. Maybe tt could be because they couldn't afford them at the time like myself, or that they seem to get all the attention and are still commanding high prices.

I'm not really anti bikes and I embrace all manufacturers models.

We all have are our favourites in the same way that we own different types of dogs.

Last edited:
Never had a Klein, until just recently.
It’s a itch I’ve wanted to scratch for some time, but it’ll be a while before I can give any form of opinion.

I’ve resented trek in recent years, can’t forgive them for what they did to Gary fisher’s and the stupid bottom bracket design (bb90).

I’ve resented trek in recent years, can’t forgive them for what they did to Gary fisher’s and the stupid bottom bracket design (bb90).

I resented Trek for some time after they purchased Klein and destroyed the brand.

But they have recently started to make some semi decent bikes that have made me think twice.

Or maybe my standards have dropped in older age.

Shall I bite?

Well, I've already been torn apart before, so I'll try to stay out of it this time...

Who am I kidding?!

;)

I will reply to just this bit tho:

Maybe tt could be because they couldn't afford them at the time like myself, or that they seem to get all the attention and are still commanding high prices

Nah.

Because I couldn't and still can't afford half the bikes I do love and build and ride. And I won't ever dislike a Cunningham or Potts, for example, just for being out of my financial league, now and probably forever.

Some people just like certain bikes, while some people love others. Some people feel certain ways about certain things for reasons they probably don't even understand themselves.

I think it's just what being into anything is all about.

Some stuff you love, and it speaks to you.

And the stuff that doesn't, well, it just doesn't.

Personally, I would say I'd probably feel a little warmer towards Kleins if I saw more of them actively ridden and thrashed to within an inch of their prettily painted lives.

Although, from first hand accounts back then and now, and, I would say, the typical restoration builds you tend to see, that doesn't really seem to be the point of many of them. Which I get.

Back