tesco questionable marketing

I've been told the only postcode in the country without a Tesco is Harrogate's HG. :shock:

They are looking to build a huge store there though. Hang on, do those little 'local' versions count because they've just opened one of those in the town centre?

I despise supermarkets!

I'm not even going to back that statement up. It's just the way i feel.

I love my local shops and my organic veg box guy called Graham.

The only supermarket i don't hate as much as others is Coop.

I also like apple pies with with double cream. Although i am not sure how relevant that is?

Al, :D

With you on the supermarket domination theme, but sometimes the local sole traders only have themselves to blame.
when we moved to a new house several years ago, there's a parade of shops within a short walk. So theres a butcher, greengrocer, PO, doctors surgery and newsagent. First week Mrs goes to local shops with the intention of supporting them. Butcher had no prices displayed. She neverthelesss committed herself, explained we had just moved in and bought a piece of meat for an extortionate price. When she cooked it, it was essentially a piece of bone skinned with meat.
Fruit shop sold her plums. again high prices and when we started eating them, 2/3rds were rotten. She took them back and had a bit of a ding dong cos the bloke basically said you take your chances with fruit.
These days its the supermarket, by car.

al":2w519rpy said:
I despise supermarkets!

I'm not even going to back that statement up. It's just the way i feel.
I love my local shops and my organic veg box guy called Graham.
The only supermarket i don't hate as much as others is Coop.
I also like apple pies with with double cream. Although i am not sure how relevant that is?
Al, :D

We have small 'chain' called Cooks. And every thing is hand made and signed by the chef. But it's not cheep.
They make a great apple pie :mrgreen: with British apples :D
Down with Tescos :twisted:

tintin you are a ray of sunshine on an overcast and some what damp day!

Just thinking of that Apple pie has made me feel warm and a little fuzzy!

Al,i love apple pie me :D

Do you know why supermarket fruit is fresh?
Because the food that's not quite so fresh, 17 million tons of it last year to be precise, ends up as landfill.
So we killing the planet for fresh, badly produced food, most of which we dump. The producers are screwed over, and people who can't afford to eat well lose out.
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with your local shops, but find a good one or arrange delivery, it's well worth persevering and morally the only thing you can do.

al":3jo5uq5m said:
tintin you are a ray of sunshine on an overcast and some what damp day!
Just thinking of that Apple pie has made me feel warm and a little fuzzy!
Al,i love apple pie me :D

This is going off subject :LOL: :LOL: Thanks al :cool: That's what the GF says too :LOL:

My mrs works in the accounts department of a large veg growers and distributers. The waste in the production of food is criminal.
Also the demands of supermarkets on growers is disgracefull.

Before buying food i urge people to find out a little more about how and where it's produced. Buy local if you can.

Rant over!! :roll:

Sorry if this has gone a little off piste!

Al, pssssst,wanna buy a cauliflower!!

Back