Team Raleigh

Re:

2 SBDU frames have sold on eBay in the last week or so (same seller) £900 for one and nearly £800 for the other. It’s getting crazy

I have a Raleigh Team Coloured 531 Competition Frameset, in what I would call T.I colours. My local Raleigh 5 star dealer had a few of them just prior to the switch to Panasonic colours as I remember. Raced on it as a schoolboy and junior. Now in the process of rebuilding in race dress rather than a team replica.

Re:

This is mine. It looks better than it is to be honest. I bought it in a state with Shimano Golden Arrow and then had it renovated at Rourkes. The decals were from H Lloyd and the panels panels are painted rather than vinyl decals. It was sold to me as a Team Replica 12 but I cant confirm that. Its dressed with a mix of Campag SR and NR which I sourced on the forum. It owed me surprising me little but certainly turns heads

Attachments

• TI2.jpg
    TI2.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 304
Re:

It looks good, I played around with different saddles such as Concor Profile, didn’t suit my behind, then a red Isca Tornado which was a bit more comfortable, then back to black with a Turbo.
Bar tape and brake cable outer changed all the time, now could only find a couple of rolls of white Benotto to put back on it.
Will probably have to put clipless pedals on it unless I can source some old style cleats to suit some retro Sidi shoes that I still have

Back