Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech ex Adrian Timmis. Finished Project.

I have enjoyed reading this, I think it's fantastic getting Timmis riding the bike after all these years, a great story and you did a great job on it, I hope you will keep this as it's full of history and stories.

Well done :cool:

Mechanicals!

After 18 months of virtually trouble free riding and racing today the Raleigh had its' first major mechanical. Yes the seat post bolt snapped at Mayhem, but that was an easy fix and little hassle. Todays mechanical though effectively finished my ride.

2010_050855100003.jpg

2010_050855100001.jpg

So I guess i'm on the hunt for another Bontrager BCX 'Blue Spot' rim, if anyone can help I'd be most grateful.

2010_050855100023.jpg

On the plus side my shortened ride allowed me to take a few shots of the bike by Coniston.

2010_050855100006.jpg

2010_050855100010.jpg

2010_050855100016.jpg

That last set of pics had me oooh'ing and ahhh'ing like I was at a fireworks display.

ooooh @ the rim damage - bummer when a ride's cut short :cry: :cry:

ahhhh @ at those fantastic full-bike shots :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

You got back to your car then Mark.
Sad to see that this happened today but I guess that's what happens when you ride your ultra rare bike at any given opportunity.
Not a criticism more a congratulation on the fact that you're not afraid to build up your bikes and ride them.
A fine example to everyone.

Lets all hope that you can find a replacement rim soon.

Long adjustable spanner will get it ridable in the mean time though ;)
I've done something similar and after a quick bend back, true up etc.., I'm still riding the wheel and that's 15 years later :LOL: You get a brake notch, but only slight if you take care bending it back which is annoying for a while.

Assuming you've not snapped through the brake surface that is.

Oddly I wasn't too far from Coniston as well iirc.

We did try a repair with the adjustable spanner on a cool tool shortly after it happened, but the braking surface had pretty much worn through and had a crack in it.

NWA-Lakes-004.jpg

The moment of realisation. A broken wheel was the end of the ride for Sinnett177 and his Team Dyna Tech.

Bad luck on the rim Mark, hope you find a replacement soon. I don't know why, but I always assumed you had Campag Stheno rims on this :?

Hi Mark,

I s that the original rim or one of the Bonty's you had built about 12 moyhs ago?

If so it has worn out quite fast.

Hope you can get it sorted soon.

Good to see you still riding Dyna.

Cheers

Ian.

Latest posts

Back