team marin '95.

Detailed Photos

Hi Mark

Could you take a close up of the Tange stickers on the seat tube, i am about to have mine resprayed (if i can find any one that will do Champaign Satin)

Thx

I'm still new here and learning the tricks. I have a 95 pallisades trail. to the uninitiated, me, the frame looks the same. Is it it a thinner lighter steel frame, or just the components that were upgraded

I love the Marin bikes from 1993 to 1996.

This is a nice one. One of the best steel frames in that time. A very smart building. Manitou forks, as you said, were perfect building Marin bikes on that years.

I have the xt 737 groupset in a 94 marin frs and an 94 kona explosif. Good performance.

Great!

team '95

hi akula. the framework material was a different type to the palisades etc. the palisades seen here.......

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... 0f7848ddc7

in this year had a custom tange build where, the team and a few others had a 'ultimate' version. have a look at any serial number under the bottom bracket shell of these marins and you ought to find a 'm' first. that's the 'marvel' factory, most marins regardless of year will have that letter. tange ultimate of this year at least has an 'f' for 'fairly', the factory. components were upgraded as a matter of course for the range of bikes on offer. team marin was one of or the top model typically sporting XT stuff.

gamward. here's some badge close-ups for you. the head badge is purely an extra which, is a vinyl version of the original metal foil one. replaced with this as the original was missing when i purchased the bike. but period correct for this year. stars n stripes also complementary.

thanks to all :cool:

DSCF0002-3.jpg

DSCF0001-3.jpg

DSCF0004-3.jpg

DSCF0003-1.jpg

Akula":jqftmqdc said:
I'm still new here and learning the tricks. I have a 95 pallisades trail. to the uninitiated, me, the frame looks the same. Is it it a thinner lighter steel frame, or just the components that were upgraded

The geometry of the frame was different, plus frame tubes with a stronger steel and thinner walls gave a lighter bike with different (more aggressive) handling.

I have a 1990 Palisades and a 1994 Pine Mtn. The Pine Mtn rides very differently and the frame and forks are over 1kg lighter.
The Palisades now has drop bars and is used as a tourer, at which it excels - a lighter frame would be too flexy. It will do 45mph downhill with 4 panniers and still feel rock steady.

Thanks Mark

As suspected, mine are all there, just wanted to check with another A1 version in colour. The Metal/Foil badge on the headtube are renown for ripping off from Jetwashing etc, mine is hanging on by a thread - spot of superglue on each 1/4 should resolve that.

Fantastic Version though, obviously the wheels have been re built (no w/idustries front hub), but do you know what happened to the W/Industries cranks, Marin Lite brakes, handlebars & bar ends, have you still got them?

Akula

See below

Team Marin = Marin Tange Prestige Tubing, Afterburner Concept Triple butted, Prestige seat tube, butted head tube, butted seat/chain stays, butted cromo 1 1/8th head tube.

Pallisades Trail = Marin Custom DB Cromo tubing, Afterburner concept triple butted, cromo seat tube, butted head tube

GamWard":33uyu5ss said:
Thanks Mark

As suspected, mine are all there, just wanted to check with another A1 version in colour. The Metal/Foil badge on the headtube are renown for ripping off from Jetwashing etc, mine is hanging on by a thread - spot of superglue on each 1/4 should resolve that.

Fantastic Version though, obviously the wheels have been re built (no w/idustries front hub), but do you know what happened to the W/Industries cranks, Marin Lite brakes, handlebars & bar ends, have you still got them?

no such luck i'm afraid. this bike was well robbed out as i bought it and, alsorts of modern tat all over it! i mean, riser bars!? but atleast the donor bike was a (suspect) eldridge with its red bits and LX parts. so, could have been worse i suppose althought the white industries kit would have been a real bonus :cool: bars, stem, wheels, cranks, seatpost and other bits i have gathered up myself and, work as fine.

cheers.

Latest posts

Back