TDF Riders wanted for Opening Ceremony (be quick)

So about 20 of us turned up at 7pm tonight for rehearsal, guys of all ages and shapes and two (stunner) girls. We got our yellow jerseys and told to wait till 8.15 ... it was drizzling and cold so we went to Starbucks for a coffee.

Then we were told what to do - basically ride round the circular centre stage for a couple minutes until the signal which is some Queen song (think it involves a bicycle ;) ) when we are meant to exit the stage. All very simple if it hadn't been so wet! The stage itself, wooden, wasn't so bad, but at the back we were riding on corrugated iron with an added two big bumps covering the cabling ... everyone was not so confident and sure enough there were a couple falls.

That was it and we should be on around 8.45pm tomorrow. I think our bikes will be next to the Pros' who will be presented on stage before our finale.

Two of my clubmates happened to be out for a ride today when they bumped into the Caisse d'Epargne team near the hotel where they are staying, so they took them out for a 90km ride on the Surrey lanes :D . Back up Box Hill and (as you would expect) the Pros were flying uphill effortlessly.

Sylvain, that is so cool.

Not so cool about the surface to ride on. Are you doing more than that circular thing? Or do you just go round that for a bit?

Good luck tonight. I'm probably not cobering it, but I've asked our staffer that is to get some shots of you. So will let you know if we get any.

:)

Forget about the shots of me Wu ;-)

Yes we'll just be going round that stage for a couple minutes. I heard the back will be covered with carpet tonight. Should be dry as well hopefully.

I'm watchin' La Depart now- got a digibox with hard drive brand spanky new.......Phil Liggett and the team.......Garry Imlach now has greying sideburns...I feel really old!!

I'll look out fer ye and wave at the Telly, Sylvain!

Cheers,
Dav

Back