Talk to me about Cannondales & headshock

clubby":1xheko5s said:
Barneyballbags":1xheko5s said:
Dickyboy":1xheko5s said:
Any views on Cannondale sizing?, at 6ft I normally ride a 19" genesis altitude & cannodales sizes are either 18" or 19.75" :?

Personally I'd go for the 18" frame with a slightly longer stem if needed, to give you the extra room.

A smaller frame will handle better, plus a smaller frame with slightly more seatpost always looks better!

Couldn't disagree more. A bigger frame with a shorter stem will handle better than a small frame with a longer stem.

Measure your Genesis top tube and compare it with the 2 sizes you're looking at and then decide. The way bikes are sized has changed a lot. I'm 5'9 with a 30" inside leg and in modern bikes I ride a 17.5 to 18, but my 93 dale is a 19 and fits perfectly and my 2006 sts is a 16.5. The common factor is that the top tube of them all is very similar.

Depends what you mean by handling. The larger frame with a shorter stem will have quicker steering and may feel more stable but the smaller frame may well feel more 'flickable'.

The common factor is that the top tube of them all is very similar.

Cannondales horizontal top tube is 23.3" on the medium & 24.3" on the large, my genesis appears to be 24" or so, but my other bikes are nearer 23.5", so with seat & bar adjustment I am sure either would be fine, for more xc riding I will probably stump for the smaller frame & longer stem to be honest.

Gunner - seeing as I've only just started looking I'll prob hang out for full matching frameset at the moment, but feel free to pm me some details if you wish ;)

I ended up with a carbon Flash. Which looks great. Apart from my breaking the aircan valve this morning. Luckily I've found a new one so just need to get it fitted.

I've got a f4 caffiene with head shock no probs at all holds air and plush,
Size Meduim witch measures 18"

Managed to get mine down in the 19 lbs mark so nice and light..

Only down side limitations on stem, did try a Thomson 1.5 but no luck, to small.

Latest posts

Back