Tablets (android and ipad)

John":w8b0zgsv said:
Some interesting posts and point of view.

Still pretty set on the budget android route if only because of the price and usage - expect this will get more use off the kids.

@Neil will have a look on slatedroid, not come across that before. Already on xda.

Just got to try and find which to go for now....

The current issue of Stuff Magazine has a "budget Android tab" test... Could be worth a look John?? Will see if I can grab a few screenshots now.

Here you go John. All running Android 4.0 (ICS) too. I had to take 2 screenshots of the last review so that I could get all the text in :)

019b7c86.jpg

ae453f17.jpg

03eceee2.jpg

6fdd1561.jpg

I'd go for an iPad as I bought a cheap Arnova Android tablet for a long trip away and didn't get on with it at all. However that may be because everything else I own is Apple.

The administrator on another forum I use swears by his Samsung Galaxy and he is a professional IT person when he isn't running the technical side of the forum.

Barneyballbags":3pis6dvv said:
Here you go John. All running Android 4.0 (ICS) too. I had to take 2 screenshots of the last review so that I could get all the text in :)

019b7c86.jpg

ae453f17.jpg

03eceee2.jpg

6fdd1561.jpg
Very helpful - think the second one is the one FluffyChicken was interested in.

I think that is the one, that or that same thing with more internal storage (elite) it does had SD card to.

I actually want the high end ipad Asus Transformers but the cost is not worth it (would rather buy a laptop and have a keyboard and the extra power) for some sort and they behave quite differently to the budget version in ease and speed and screen quality (not sure any match the ipad3's wide colour space yet though.)
But you cannot compare a £180 pad to an ipad3

I have used both the ipad2 and 3 but I just don't need them.

Read books, music or movies is not something I would do with it.

A friend of mine bought an ipad2 reconditioned from Apple. It was as good as my new one and cost him £175.

If you're tech savvy and are happy to fiddle to get it right then go for a lesser known brand. But I don't have the time these days and I've got absolutely no complaints about it. The technology works.

Back