T-minus 7 days… (1991 Rocky Mountain Altitude)

Re: T-minus 7 days… and counting (RM content)

T-minus 5… and counting

along with those cranks… will require to sort out an appropriate BB. Be it 107, 110, 113, 120 or 122mm… i'm sure i'll find something. :roll:

leaning towards the RF Taperlock over the RF Turbine RS and Syncros Ti BBs. hmmm… i wonder why??? :?

Attachments

• DSC06538.JPG
    DSC06538.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 301

T-minus 4… and counting

rear hub currently dictates 8-speed transmission. unless i want to shim a 7-speed cassette, or just run 7-speed shifter and limit the r.mech. niether of which i really fancy to do. :roll:

so leaning towards XT thumbs with m735 f/r. mechs, as I've done with my Brodie Sovereign. it's crossed my mind that i could go XTR m900 STIs with f/r. mechs, or possibly go with some gripshift X-rays.

so this one is up in air at the moment. :|

Attachments

• DSC06496.JPG
    DSC06496.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 278

s'okay, i've only got two stems in mind… both Syncros. ;) :LOL:

assuming i don't find any other options to tempt me. :?

Nice collection of BB's Frank

T-minus 3 days… and counting

So FC brought up the topic of stems. So let's roll with that. Several noodled ones I can choose from. Although I may pull off the early one currently on the RM Titanium, as it should really have the integrated slant top version, and conversely to what's appropriate for this new project.

Just had a look at the tracking and it's in town as of yest! so countdown MAY be cut short by a day! :eek:

fingers crossed! ;)

Attachments

• DSC06498.JPG
    DSC06498.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC06460.JPG
    DSC06460.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 231

T-minus 2… and counting

A Syncros seatpost is included with the frame, but I hadn't asked for any pics of it, or it's condition. Guess I was too focused on the frame itself that I overlooked that point. No matter, if it's not in the best of condition, I have two suitable ones with different lengths, 330mm and 425mm to use in place if needed. Of course I'll use the shorter of the two if it suffices.

Attachments

• DSC06490.JPG
    DSC06490.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 229

nah, it's not stuck in there. just wasn't in the frame only pics i received, and it was graciously included after the fact. ;)

Well the syncros and groupset set the date to be 1990.
Depends how period year correct you are going...

Back