T-minus 7 days… (1991 Rocky Mountain Altitude)

thx guys for all the positive comments! :D

Adrian, i don't follow BOTM too much any more, but i see you've entered your Sovereign. so doesn't make much sense for me to enter this and potentially split any Canadian votes. ;)

after a long hiatus (out of sight… out of mind), finally decided to get back to some retro bike projects. picked up the blue CR front quick release awhile back off here. plan is to tear it down, strip the ano, convert it to a seat binder and anodize it red to match the wheel QRs. as nice as it was, the red Ringle 3-hole i had in place just wasn't quite right and looked out of place to me.

with the CR ti rod, i'll rebuild a red Ringle front Ti-Stix wheel QR (not sure what happened to the original skewer :? ), and strip and re-anodize a purple rear Ti-Stix i have to match to place back on the RM Cirrus where I hijacked the red CR skewers from for this project.

seat binders have thicker rods, and the original CR doesn't seem to have enough "meat" on it for me to tap the hole larger, so my plan is to use the end of a later Ringle QR, which looks similar profile to the CR.

Attachments

• DSC01558.JPG
    DSC01558.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC01557.JPG
    DSC01557.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 205
Back