Sold Syncros Powerlite Fork - 1 1/8"

pw_pw_la

Senior Retro Guru
So time to move a rare gem on.

I have no immediate plans for it, and nothing I'm actively seeking would suit it more than any of the other options in the bins, so, my shortsightedness may yet be your gain!

I'm posting these here for a few days first, before adding a listing to the usual Facebook groups and eBay, as I'd rather they end up within a community that's always been super supportive and generous to me.

These are exactly as I purchased them, nothing added except for fresh bolts in the holes previously drilled (one assumes) for rack mounts or fenders. Weird, but there you go. These aren't cosmetically perfect but I think roguishly handsome regardless! If they ever had the large Syncros decal on the fork leg it was removed without a trace long before I got them. The smaller decals at the top of the legs are original, although peeling slightly and so have seen better days. I'd keep them as is, because I did. You might want to hit Gil up for fresh ones.

Other than the usual and expected paint blemishes and battle scars, the forks themselves are structurally sound, with no pressing issues. Or none I experienced anyway. I tried to let the photos do the talking, but here I am rabbiting on anyway...

tempImagejWuAgp.png

tempImageRvgZgl.png

tempImageQ8ojT2.png

It feels frankly a bit ridiculous, but based on current chatter and recent auction prices, I'm going to ask for $550 USD for these. PayPal friends and family, ideally, although I'm fine if you want to pay the extra for Goods and Services to feel more secure. Happy to get as creative as required for shipping and value declarations, but I would estimate they'd ship via USPS to Europe for well under $100 USD, based on what I've paid for shipping frames recently. I reckon under $50 is probably achievable. Also happy to send via UPS if you don't mind shelling out the premium for it.

If you're US-based it'll be a doddle and they'll ship via UPS for a very affordable rate, as I get good ones through work.

Loads more photos below. And another post to follow with even more, plus some measurements.

Attachments

• tempImageBUVpdY.png
    tempImageBUVpdY.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • tempImageX4JTEa.png
    tempImageX4JTEa.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • tempImage2zbj0w.png
    tempImage2zbj0w.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImageBbLxDy.png
    tempImageBbLxDy.png
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImagep8S1gf.png
    tempImagep8S1gf.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImageD43uOX.png
    tempImageD43uOX.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImageLMVuiq.png
    tempImageLMVuiq.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
If only these had been 1" and not 1 1/8", the search for a 1" x 155mm goes on...

Great looking forks I am sure they wont be for sale for long.

I am beginning to think that might be an option given how many more 1 1/8" seem to appear than 1"

What a lovely thing😍 hope it goes to someone who really needs it… like me(joking I don’t need it, or do I?)

Weird how there is one in Switzerland on EBAY with similar drilled holes for panniers.
What were these people thinking. :mad:

Would love to buy them, just a good bit over my budget.
GLWS.

I am beginning to think that might be an option given how many more 1 1/8" seem to appear than 1"
RB member danson67 would be able to help you out. Not a difficult task, but you'll need someone who knows what they're doing and danson67 is certainly someone who does.

RB member danson67 would be able to help you out. Not a difficult task, but you'll need someone who knows what they're doing and danson67 is certainly someone who does.

Can confirm Dan is your man for this. Had discussed exactly this solution with him myself but failed to pull the trigger.

Dan does excellent and well-priced work. Hit him up!

Modding these to 1" would be a pretty simple job, I think. Which is why I'm hoping @rjsdavis see's this post! ;)

For those of you interested in these but maybe they're out of reach financially: a million people have helped me out to secure things beyond my means before, so I'm all game to figure out a way to make things work for both parties. Please don't be shy about hitting me with a PM to discuss. I always prefer things go to people who want/need/love them, then just those with the deepest pockets.

Weird how there is one in Switzerland on EBAY with similar drilled holes for panniers.
What were these people thinking. :mad:

Would love to buy them, just a good bit over my budget.
GLWS.

There's been a few over the years.

And some debate as to whether Syncros, or perhaps a distributor, offered this modification originally to those interested.

I actually kind of like that it has them.

Makes them a bit different, and also extra useful.

Camp bike build anyone? Get a rack on!

Back