Syncros Powerlite Forks 1 and 1/8th" - 133mm steerer

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Good condition Syncros Powerlites in 1 1/8th" x 133mm flavour. Good decals (just 'Syncros' on each leg - no hammers), unpainted/plain aluminium axle 'feet', undamaged steerer, good plastic caps.

Looking for £175 posted within the UK.
No dibs please - just PM.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 2,147
  • FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 2,146
  • FullSizeRender_2 copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2 copy.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 2,147
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 2,147
  • FullSizeRender_1 copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1 copy.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 2,146
  • FullSizeRender_3 copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender_3 copy.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 2,147
Re: Syncros Powerlite Forks 1" 133mm steerer

I have been asked a couple of questions via PM re. these forks:

1) What's with the Allen bolts on the legs? These are the only pair I've had so I've never thought about it, let alone undone them. So I did and here's the photo that shows, IMHO, that this is a 'factory' feature, as the complex internal sleeve is clearly professionally threaded and has a subtle raised lip that suggests it is a separate element from the fork leg, neatly inserted within the wall and perhaps bonded. The aperture at the bottom is open and therefore you can see into the fork leg. What is the purpose? Not a clue!

2) What is the axle to crown length? I've measured from the crown underside to the theoretical centre of an axle and get 355mm.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Syncros Bolt Fixing.jpg
    Syncros Bolt Fixing.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,886
Re:

I bought these from the original owner a few years back and refurb them. he said they came from the supplier with the rack mounts attached.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - had forgotten from whom they came! You would concur they're not a bodge/DIY job? If they are 'aftermarket' then the forks would have had to have been repainted as the paint is over the lip of the sleeve and down into the spiral.

Re:

i personally painted them with decals from Manitou916.

the rack mounts are proffesionally done , its not the first set ive seen with them.

Does that mean rack mounts done by Syncros or not then? Chicken ball - any chance we can see a picture of yours?

Chase - did you paint them as originally or is there a deviation? Were the drop outs polished or black originally?

Thx.

Back