Sorted Syncros Powerlite fork 1" x 155mm

ajw573

Klein Fan
Hello!
I am after a Syncros Powerlite fork with a 1" threaded steerer to complete an early 1990 Merlin mountain build. If anyone has one spare that they are not likely to use I would be very grateful.
Cheers,
Andy

p4pb11896071 2.jpeg

Last edited:
And I still use my syncros forks clamped into a stand, upside down as my front wheelbuilding tool.
And that's where it stays, it does the job well.
(not 1")

Is it more expensive than a Park TS stand yet?

And I still use my syncros forks clamped into a stand, upside down as my front wheelbuilding tool.
And that's where it stays, it does the job well.
(not 1")

Is it more expensive than a Park TS stand yet?
So, what are you using to measure the trueness of the wheel that you are truing? Or are you just doing it by eye?

I'm going with cable ties on the fork legs!

An round head Allen key through a DX canti for the main part, it's adjustable (take the spring out) up and down the rim side as needed and distance is easy to set, the round head creates a point and the sound can easily be heard.

For lateral it works excellently.
And turn wheel over and adjust in, then when near center I can do it by eye with the Allen key.
No need for fancy plastic cables ties.
Could fit one of the fancy gauge meters, but I prefer sound and eyes.

An round head Allen key through a DX canti for the main part, it's adjustable (take the spring out) up and down the rim side as needed and distance is easy to set, the round head creates a point and the sound can easily be heard.

For lateral it works excellently.
And turn wheel over and adjust in, then when near center I can do it by eye with the Allen key.
No need for fancy plastic cables ties.
Could fit one of the fancy gauge meters, but I prefer sound and eyes.

That sounds far better!

Back