Syncros angle/slanted stem cap alternative

Re:

I have the same dilemma re stem cap. :facepalm:
In my search I found this. It seems even Syncros made adapters to take a regular cap which they were sending out! Not attractive....but does the job.

470226d1247620325-syncros-slanted-stem-caps-dscn2618.jpg

I think I'll do the same....though I can't believe it would be difficult to machine one up. As one chap on a forum pointed out:
It's a three step job, creating the base in a lathe (green), the next sawing the top (blue) in the correct angle and lastly 'manually' adapting the top (red)

468971d1247158348-syncros-slanted-stem-caps-path3218.jpg

Re:

Hi, do you still produce these syncros caps?

Regards
Jamie

mojo ti":3tw3xlzz said:
Many thanks Brad, yes I produce 3 models : 2 In 1"1/8 and 1 In 1".

All models are renforced than original, mold in very hard resin.

In 1"1/8, have one circular same as last metallic model, and oval model same as resin model (many have cracks).

In 1" oval model.

Price : 5£+shipping.

I produce many all parts (XTR cable caps, Proshift silicon grips, ...)

Re: Re:

KeepItSteel":3d6df2wp said:
Hi, do you still produce these syncros caps?

Regards
Jamie

mojo ti":3d6df2wp said:
Many thanks Brad, yes I produce 3 models : 2 In 1"1/8 and 1 In 1".

All models are renforced than original, mold in very hard resin.

In 1"1/8, have one circular same as last metallic model, and oval model same as resin model (many have cracks).

In 1" oval model.

Price : 5£+shipping.

I produce many all parts (XTR cable caps, Proshift silicon grips, ...)

Lol - I'm looking for one too :roll:

Re:

Long dead post so don't hold out much hope, but I'm in the same boat? Is mojo ti still making them? Did anyone else find an alternative, otherwise I'll set to machining down a spacer

Re: Re:

rc's rc200":q2zfgwsc said:
Long dead post so don't hold out much hope, but I'm in the same boat? Is mojo ti still making them? Did anyone else find an alternative, otherwise I'll set to machining down a spacer

You oould always pm him and ask him!? im sure he is though.

jax13":268f58au said:
https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=Syncros&type=things&sort=relevant

Would this be worth a shot?

I've got a 3d printer sitting idle here at the moment and am happy to print a few for the forum and send them out to see if they work / hold up.

I would say so - the latter Syncros caps were plastic so it should work... also blue ano syncros stem...? It would be interesting to see how long it took/how much material to be able to gauge a cost for production and P+P.

D

p.s. interesting find!

Back