Swedish Crescent Gram (Sandvik TI)restoration project.

Woz":1l4u1d5n said:
Don't know, but at a guestimate it was made by these guys:

http://www.rapid-titan.ru/index_en.htm

Some common features are externally butted / machined head-tube, under top-tube cable routing.

Don't know about drop-outs etc. and difficult to say if they used Sandvik or not.

Interesting write up mentioning order from Sweden (although this could be from Magmaa rather than Crescent perhaps?).
http://englishrussia.com/2012/05/16/pro ... -frames/2/

Ok, I need to call cykle europe and check... Do not want a russian frame...

Re:

Geting there! :)

Attachments

• polished.jpg
    polished.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 598
  • polished 2.jpg
    polished 2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 597
Hello
Was in the thoughts of buying ythat to!:)
Really nice frame, greetings from a fellow swede and Crescent gram owner.
So you went for the polisched look, the original look and the one I thought you would go for is the sodablasted finish. But it looks amazing anyway!
Sizewise I have a "giant" 21incher an want a smaller. Looking at that seatpost height I wonder if you would need a larger frame?;)
Great build this far! Looking foreward to see the end result! :)

Best regards Niko

Re:

I really liked the original paint, and being Ti, was never going to rust. Something a bit different

I can see why you did strip it though. Still looks lovely!

Looking forward to progress reports

Mike

herbivora":sn7gr8ql said:
Hello
Was in the thoughts of buying ythat to!:)
Really nice frame, greetings from a fellow swede and Crescent gram owner.
So you went for the polisched look, the original look and the one I thought you would go for is the sodablasted finish. But it looks amazing anyway!
Sizewise I have a "giant" 21incher an want a smaller. Looking at that seatpost height I wonder if you would need a larger frame?;)
Great build this far! Looking foreward to see the end result! :)

Best regards Niko

He :) the seatpost is just mounted for the mech stand frame weise Its Perfect for me 19"

The frame had been painted from another version that was half painted so top tube and half of the rear looked really bad... So the solution were to sand (glass) blaster or polish it. When blast Titanium the frame is sensitive to fingerprints... Polished like now it's like cars when you sealed the paint.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2ep5ko73 said:
I really liked the original paint, and being Ti, was never going to rust. Something a bit different

I can see why you did strip it though. Still looks lovely!

Looking forward to progress reports

Mike

I do like the orange original colour but, hated that they painted the rear fork in titanium colour ?!? Why do that... Also the paint was heavy :)

Size and lenght to fit the frametube?
Btw, got a 130mm crescent titanstem with logos that's to long for me!
Any interest?

Back