Suspected Aende 70s TT frame Identification? Help please.

hasan

Retro Newbie
Fogive me if I am posting in the wrong place. It has been donkey's years since I last used retrobike, spending my time on the youthclub that is LFGSS.

So:

I got this frame

It has a Cinelli BB (English threads) shell but other than that no other lugs, aside from the fork crown.
It has Campagnolo dropouts and track ends and a derailler hanger so I was guessing a road TT frame.
It has one braze on for a downtube shifter.
It is drilled both front and back (for brakes) but has no brake guides or internal routing.
The oddest bit to me; it has a grub screw to fasten the seatpost.
Tubing-wise, I am none the wiser though the seat stays look quite thick in the middle.
It has an inscription: P/R/A, C, M above the front brake hole.

From what I have been told:

Track ends with a hanger and a single shifter mount, were definitely a TT thing in the Seventies.
This ties-in with the lack of cable guides: they were using band-on guides then.
Not really my era, but I'd wouldn't think there were too many people building lugless TT frames back then: the grub screw seatpost fixing is quite unusual and should make pinning down the builder easier.

and

Pongo / Aende never stamped any identification on his frames as he tried to hide his activities from the taxman, plus he never liked to use a chainstay bridge and always used shot in chainstays. He always had a rake to the fork that started quite far up. He went into Lo-Pro quite early on in the 80's.

Hence suggesting that this is a 70s Aende TT frame.
I was wondering whether anyone knew anymore about this as I would be interested to here it.
I can take more pictures.

As I said, if this is the wrong place please could you just point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Hasan

Attachments

• Aende Lo Pro marking.JPG
    Aende Lo Pro marking.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 304
  • Aende 3.JPG
    Aende 3.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 304
  • Aende 7.JPG
    Aende 7.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 304
  • aende.JPG
    aende.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 299
daccordimark":tja234i8 said:
The fork crown stamp looks like BCM (Bocama) to me.

Mark.

Agree, but BCM parts were used by lots of builders so no direct clue to builder. Did Pongo build lugless frames?

The gear hanger looks well forward under the axle 'slot'. Is it a Campag style one? On TT frames with rear facing dropouts like this the 'axle slots' were quite often shortened to aid wheel removal, these still appear to be quite long.

Back