Superb leather saddle repair kit that actually works!!!!!!!!

jimwise68":3nm4p7ix said:
There is another company that does similar products called Furniture Clinic.

I have restored a few seats with their products.

I also did a full interior of a Mk2 Scirocco storm from knackered and ripped darl blue to spanking light grey, including the door cards and dash. Looked awesome after :)

I had a MK1 storm - lovely car

Re: Re:

Cheers gents...

Well it’s bolted onto it’s new home, my Y-Trek so hopefully we’ll know within a few months how it’s faired, I’m not worried about the colour fastness as I’ve used this process on a few saddles now that have all held up well, I’m more interested to see how robust the glue & filler are.

Yarp! :cool:

So some time later.....how did it hold up?

Great thread, missed all this before but have a saddle to restore!

So some time later.....how did it hold up?

Great thread, missed all this before but have a saddle to restore!
All good thanks.
The only issues I’ve found are when I’ve rushed a quickie then ridden in the wet ( the lacquer came away) since then I make sure all prep is perfect and I fine sand between every very dry coat.

All good thanks.
The only issues I’ve found are when I’ve rushed a quickie then ridden in the wet ( the lacquer came away) since then I make sure all prep is perfect and I fine sand between every very dry coat.

Good to hear.....all the ones you've done look fantastic.

this did make me laugh though " I’ve rushed a quickie then ridden in the wet"!

Great thread @Peachy! ! You do amazing work.

I've successfully recovered a few saddles with good results but always wondered how to get logos added as part of the refurbish. I've also never yet needed to add black the base black colouring.

Thanks for the helpful reply to my PM on your logo reinstatement: hand painting the logos back on top of the faint remains of a logo.

It got me thinking. How about using a sharpie paint pen? The thought of using a fine paint brush seemed out of my ability. The below Flite Alpes was missing most lettering on the drive side with the black leather not being too bad.

Below is how the saddle looked before and then after some careful touch ups. The Sharpie is oil based paint so is very hard to remove but thankfully possible to remove after a poor attempt for a do-over, the "Flite" logo took a few goes to get it as pictured, still not perfect but close enough for me.

All I have added over top of everything is a some proofide to protect so time will tell how the logos will last. Note that I did not attempt adding the "Titanium" lettering. The two bits added were difficult enough 😅

Before
20221202_215801714_iOS.jpg
20230120_234848844_iOS.jpg

Latest posts

Back