Sup’s ‘96 ProFlex 856 Resto-Mod

You wanted one of these :

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You wanted one of these :

Nice work there, is the Animal getting some love next?

andy - as much as I would like to restore the Animal, I donated it to my friend who owns the local bike shop. He intends to detail it and put it on display in one of the shop windows. Following Covid, his business has changed from predominately new bike sales to maintenance and upkeep of existing bikes; it will be good advertisement (and a conversation piece) for him. A good restoration, on my part, would take more time than life allows me these days, not to mention that I don’t have the heart to part out a mostly original Aminal.

Joe - yes, the adapter would have been a godsend. The Animal was garaged for about 11 years due to flat tires. I knew nothing of Presta stems and even repaid a buddy years ago for breaking one of his. All wheel purchases over the past 11 years were strictly Schrader-centric due to unfamiliarity with Presta. I recently watched a few youtube videos about how to properly use Presta to build some confidence. I’m finally OK with Presta and a brass screw-on adapter, enough such that I almost prefer the Presta in a change of heart this week.

Thanks all for the comments and views!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Finishing touches applied - RaceFace riser bars (640) and matching Salsa skewers. I’m so torn on hunting down a Mavic Crossride yellow wheelset or keeping the XT 717 set. But quite pleased as she sits at the moment. 674218C0-1501-449F-8257-5AD88FBB1F9E.jpeg BAD0FA9B-C587-449E-89B3-FCE068CE1F45.jpeg 454898CE-5C62-489E-A89D-C71823EB1ABB.jpeg

Last edited:
Finishing touches applied - RaceFace riser bars (640) and matching Salsa skewers. I’m so torn on hunting down a Mavic Crossride yellow wheelset or keeping the XT 717 set. But quite pleased as she sits at the moment.

Nice thread. If you click on edit on the bottom of each of your posts, then on the little picture thumbnails click on insert, then click on full image, it will load the pictures up large format instead of little thumbnail images ;)

Pardon the disarray on the table. She’s coming together nicely. I do like the grey finish much more so than the green. There’s a Magura barb inserter tool in the mail that should provide the last component needed for assembly. I’m hopeful that the Risse has much life left in it.
IMG_8014.jpeg

Last edited:
Back