LX M550, LX wheelset, Rock Shox, Carbon Bars Updated 24/1/11

detomaso

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
UPDATED 24/1/11

The usual reasonings - having a bit of a clearout so I can focus on one thing at a time rather than having 3/4/5 projects on the go at once, so to make space and keep my better half happy(ier) I have these delightful items to offer.

ALL PRICES INCLUDE POSTAGE TO UK ADDRESSES (contact for international)
Below £40 - sent 1st Class
Above £40 - sent Special Delivery
Frame, forks, wheel - sent by 48h Courier

Post on here and then send me a PM with what you're after, I'll mark as SOLD PENDING PAYMENT for 24 hours, once payment has been received the item will be marked as SOLD
Payments by PayPal Gift or Bank Transfer or cheque if you really are willing to wait for it to clear ;) Will do deals for multiple items ;)

Formalities out the way... :D Here's what I've got.

Shimano LX M550 Crankset
46/36/24, good condition, middle ring is a Vuelta, graphics just about intact on the drive side, threads and tapers all good - £25

Middleburn Chainrings
Silver DH 42T - £8

Giant Seatpost
27.2mm - taken out of new bike so only marks from removal and slight pitting on clamp which would remove with a dab of Autosol - £10

Avocet Kona Saddle
Small tear on front but otherwise good condition - £10

Bontrager Race Light Lux Saddle
Again removed from new bike, marks from storage but never sat on - £10

Kalloy Stem
Quill, polished and transfers in good condition, 130mm - £8

Orange CNC Stem - Black
110mm - great condition, couple of marks - £12

On One Stem - Black
100mm - Bolts a little rusty on their allen heads - £8

Shimano Deore Rear Mech
Used and dirty but in working order - £8

Shimano LX V-Brake Levers
Great condition - used for less than 150 miles been sat on bike in garage for a few years - £10 SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Shimano LX M550 Hubs laced to Araya CV7 Rims
Owned by me for years and been on 3 different bikes, one Panaracer Smoke Tyre and one Moby Duck 'Smoke' copy fitted, wheels a little out of true and the front hub bearings feel a bit gritty so could do with a service and clean but ideal for period build or work hack. The tubes are very old so I'd recommend replacing them. Will be posted in wheel box - £35

I thank you - pics below, if anybody wants more detailed shots or more info just holler (or ask politley, I'll respond to either ;))

1997 Proflex Beast SOLD
With some regret I'm putting this up for sale - bought off of Sidewinder who in turn had bought it off clockworkgazz, I had the idea that if I include my g/f on rides she might be a bit more positive about my spending but as is always the way she hasn't quite got the bug...

Frame: Proflex Beast - Large

Fork: Girvin Chubby Triple Clamp

Headset: Tange
Stem: Race Face 90mm
Handlebar: Titec Hellbent
Grips: Gripshift

Brakes: Magura Hs11

Shifters: SRAM Gripshift ESP 700
Front Derailleur: Shimano LX
Rear Derailleur: SRAMESP 9.0
Cranks: Girvin (Sugino)

Rims: Ritchey
Hubs: Shimano Exage
Tyres: Specialized Pro Enduro
Tubes: On presta one schrader...

Saddle: Selle San Marco RS Duo
Seatpost: Bontrager
Seatpost Binder: Hope

There's a couple of stonechips but most have been touched up and don't detract, the seatpost has been chopped down a little, the front mech needs some adjustment and a couple of the spokes are a tad loose on the wheels but the bike has only been ridden 30 miles since I bought it (28 of those me...) - apparently something to do with not being able to touch the ground when you're sitting on the saddle.

I have changed the rear mech for a carbon composite SRAM 9.0 and the stem to a shorter Race Face version.

It's a really, really nice bike to ride, both shocks are very plush with the Chubbies being buttery smooth but I have my RTS to finish and a new arrival coming so needs must.

I paid £140 for it and considering I've added very few miles and a couple of new bits to it I'd sell for no less than that - £140 posted in a bike box

I'll also include the polished swingarm and original Kore stem below if should you wish to swap them over provided they haven't sold.

Proflex Polished Alloy rear swingarm
As above but hand rubbed/polished (not by me), could do with tidying a little around the edges - £15 SOLD

Proflex 757 Expert (Size Large) with Risse Genesis Air Shock
Bought as a project and also because it also came with the rare Risse Genesis air shock, was going to have it resprayed as there are a few paint chips on the top tube, swing arm and under the BB shell but no dents - inc. frame, seatclamp, swingarm and assembly and Risse Genesis shock - was £120 now £100 Will bundle with both spare swingarms for £150 SOLD

Proflex Carbon rear swingarm
Will fit all 6/7/8/957, Beast, Animal etc frames as well as the later K2 frames - £37 SOLD

Girvin Expert Crosslink Forks
Yellow with Noleen shock, cable rub on the LH leg and what looks like the remains of a sticky protective pad - £40 SOLD

Rock Shox Indy XC Long Travel
Done less than 150miles, bought for my singlespeed some years ago and only ridden very occasionally, chip to brace and some faint blistering under the paint but still very good condition, 1" threaded 127mm steerer - £35 SOLD

Proflex Noleen Rear Shock
Spare one I had as a back up - £10 SOLD

White Industries Cranks
Good condition, compact, cranks only, no rings - £38 SOLD

Middleburn Chainrings
Ano Green 46T - £12 SOLD
Ano Green 34T - £12 SOLD
Ano Green 26T - £12 SOLD

XT Skewers
1 Rear - £6 SOLD
1 pair - £15 SOLD

Pace RC130 Purple Renthal Bars
Both ends have crimps from bar ends with one end having a little split, have been used like this for a couple of years with no bar ends - £10 SOLD

Carbon Handlebar
No decals so no idea what make, light us on my singlespeed, will clean up nicely - 580mm wide with alloy clamp area - £10 SOLD

On-One Midge Bars
25.4mm clamp - £12 SOLD

Kore Light Stem - Black
120mm - Decals slipped and somebody has tipp-ex'd the gaps where they've scuffed off... - £8 SOLD

Orange Seatpost
26.4mm - will polish up nicely, logo faded - £12 SOLD

Magura Raceline - Front Yellow
Front Brake with Evo quick release mount and booster, a little dirty but pads have loads of life in them, all fixings included - £30 SOLD

Magura Raceline - Rear Yellow/Orange
Rear Brake with standard mount, again a little dirty but life in the pads and these have a new Orange booster on them, all fixings included - £30 SOLD Only selling both as upgraded to discs

Magura Black Boosters x2
Brand new in packets - £6 each SOLD

SRAM Gripshift ESP900 Smoked Shifters - 8spd
Include grips and cables, no cracks - £20 SOLD

SRAM ESP 9.0 Carbon Composite Rear Mech
Brand New, never fitted, marks to the decals from storage but cage, jockey wheels etc in perfect condition - £35SOLD

SRAM ESP 9.0 Carbon Composite Rear Mech
Used but in very good condition, scratches to decals - £15 SOLD

Shimano LX 9spd Rear Mech
Used but working order - £10 SOLD

Purple Milled Jockey Wheels
Brand New, never used, come with washers and bushes, ABEC5 bearings - £7 SOLD

And finally...

Zipp 515 26" Deep Carbon Rim laced to a Hope Hub (Ti? can anybody tell/help?)
28 hole, radially spoked, very very light, could do with a gentle clean but will provide new rim tape to replace existing - very rare, smooth bearings - £70 SOLD

can i take these please :cool: :cool:

Girvin Expert Crosslink Forks
Yellow with Noleen shock, cable rub on the LH leg and what looks like the remains of a sticky protective pad - £40

Proflex Noleen Rear Shock
Spare one I had as a back up - £10

can i dib there for sith lord too ?

Purple Milled Jockey Wheels
Brand New, never used, come with washers and bushes, ABEC5 bearings - £7

he's on the look out for purple ;)

Can I take the purple jockeys and magura boosters please. If the green rings are also still available.....

Ian

Back