Suntour rear hub freewheel and cassette compatibility

edociamb@inwind.it

Retro Newbie
Hello, for my retro-bike project, I bought on e-bay a 7 speed rear hub (NOS), model FH-XC02-7 and a 7 speed cassette, I think the model CS-AP00-K7 (looking at old suntour catalog). When I tried to install the cassette on freewheel, it seems this is too short for 7 speed cassette and it seems for 6 speed cassette, but as I wrote, the rear hub code is for a 7 spee cassette. Can someone help me to understand more? Do you know which length the 7speed freewheel should have?
Thanks a lot.

Edoardo

Yes, the freehub does come off. You need to put the allen key in from the non drive side, unlike shimano, as far as i can remember!

You can swap the freehub out for others. I might have one in my stash, I don't have any cassettes to test with but iirc there are measurements somewhere on here that explain the different sizes. If you are interested, I can dig out what I have and measure.

Yes, please
You can swap the freehub out for others. I might have one in my stash, I don't have any cassettes to test with but iirc there are measurements somewhere on here that explain the different sizes. If you are interested, I can dig out what I have and measure.
yes, please. Let me have the measure or a picture. Attached you can find a picture that explains the differences between MD free hubs and "normal" free hub

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-01-30 alle 22.55.49.png
    Schermata 2022-01-30 alle 22.55.49.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Back