Suggestion for BOTM...

Re: Re:

The History Man":pjvlvqia said:
So I’m going to win then?

Not as it stands unless it on a pages per enthusiasm vote or colour schemes - but even then someone will come along with a Ferraroli so colourful it can be seen from space.

legrandefromage":2q6rf7jd said:
BoyBurning":2q6rf7jd said:
In line with yours I'd say.

I dont know what your issue is but if you'd like to settle it via PM or alternativly I'm up in Warwick in a couple of Wednesdays time.

You're the one who makes a dickhead comment to a completely innocent post I make, with a simple suggestion, and I'm the one with the issue?!

Sort yourself out.

On a serious note.

The invitational would further inhibit the new and furtive. I like the fact that numpties such as I can enter to bring a smile and show others that there's a little frivolity here. It should be a showcase for all who frequent the site. Open to all, regardless of your knowledge of others or time served. The new will know few and would possibly be less likely to stay and reinvigorate the site. These exchanges in the open air do little to encourage prospective participants.

Only my view. No reason to be offended or retaliate. It would be nice if civility prevails.

Re:

Now you've done it, LGF's on his way round... put the kettle on and get the posh biscuits out, the ones you hide at the back of the cupboard.

al.

Don't do a drop bars or pink bikes or old cheap muddy foxes special until I've got mine ready.

Reading through all of this thread, I think there is definitely merit to the idea and the thinking behind it, and probably problems too - it's good to have a discussion around these issues (surely the point of a forum?) without anyone taking anything too personally. we don't all have to be best of mates all the time, but its a shame to see discussions on here turning aggressive...

Aaah... the mists of time... before there was a BoTM, when the earth was still flat, the exuberance of having a new forum that began to unearth these seemingly 'lost' classics of our youth was more than enough. Then there was a deluge of historic metal (thanks to Ebay mostly) and I guess that deluge needed managing. Why it became a 'competition' (on a popularity model) is beyond me and a total anathema to my way of thinking, but I'm sure the reasoning, if any, was innocent enough. I think it became self-driven and mutated by unwitting participation of the voter - if you hadn't just 'discovered' or built something for showing that month then you would/could at least have a say on what history should look like represented. IMHO there was no need to have a 'popularist winner' each month, but as a vehicle to magnetise and inspire, of course the dynamic has proven to be strong for many people and we've undoubtedly been treated to hundreds amazing sights in a compact format. Maybe one day, some archivist will collate it all together and make a half-decent coffee table book...

mrkawasaki":2yedddrk said:
Aaah... the mists of time... before there was a BoTM, when the earth was still flat, the exuberance of having a new forum that began to unearth these seemingly 'lost' classics of our youth was more than enough. Then there was a deluge of historic metal (thanks to Ebay mostly) and I guess that deluge needed managing. Why it became a 'competition' (on a popularity model) is beyond me and a total anathema to my way of thinking, but I'm sure the reasoning, if any, was innocent enough. I think it became self-driven and mutated by unwitting participation of the voter - if you hadn't just 'discovered' or built something for showing that month then you would/could at least have a say on what history should look like represented. IMHO there was no need to have a 'popularist winner' each month, but as a vehicle to magnetise and inspire, of course the dynamic has proven to be strong for many people and we've undoubtedly been treated to hundreds amazing sights in a compact format. Maybe one day, some archivist will collate it all together and make a half-decent coffee table book...

You can shut your face, BoTM is all I have... that and my three legged cat Wonky.

al.

As i came last last time. Down with BOTM. I remember the days when you could see the votes. Now all competitive and :oops: :facepalm: :LOL:

Al

You should Count yourself lucky as I haven’t even got the cat

:roll: some people eh

BoyBurning":2mi03juj said:
You're the one who makes a dickhead comment to a completely innocent post I make, with a simple suggestion, and I'm the one with the issue?!

Sort yourself out.

Still wondering at that attitude and what has upset you so much.

Back