Suggestion for BOTM...

RickTheUncivil":38oynkqc said:
LongboardSi":38oynkqc said:
You mean employ the basic principle of 'Don't be a d1ck' about it?

Can't see that catching on :D

:facepalm:

Hahaha it amazes me how some people manage to lube a chain withsome of the things i read on here.

BOTM needs a shake up. Embrace the Facebook page and Instagram to promote it, get new members, get new voters, hopefully get new contributors, brings weblciks and advertising and revenue to the site.
Not sure who's doing what here these days, I remember a chat with John bossman at Mayhem two years ago and he was busy with life outside of RB land, I believe Andy offered to buy the site but it wasn't accepted, I also believe that it makes a good few quid a month from aforementioned advertisers, but it needs an overhaul. There was a period when I'd only log in to vote on BOTM but even I stopped that for a while.

Maybe only have a quartly comp, still BOTM but not every month, although the detriment could be people avoiding the site until the vote, and for its survival more members and contribuitors are necesary not less.

Or perhaps it's just that we're reaching saturation [point for the whole advent of Retrobiking and collecting. Even MK aka SecondSpin is about to start selling off a lot of his personal collection - his C-26 and Yet#1 already sold. There's the whole First Flight Bikes sell off too, which will end up in the hands of big collectors with very deep pockets or simply over to Arnhem to be housed at the MTB Museum there. I think Ben Savage is buying up almost everything that goes on sale via facebook and even the John Atkins collection is up for sale, so maybe RB is doomed to dwindle down to a very small core of welll established members who may occasionally swap a bike here or there, but the spectacle of new builds is well and truly on its last legs gasping at its final few breaths... :?

Re:

Could we just agree that nothing will happen to BOTM until I at least win one?

al.

Back