Stunning Austro-Daimler Superleicht Frame 531 UNUSED 21"

328isport

Old School Hero
Hi All,

I've a stunning Austro-Daimler Superleicht frame for sale

Lets get the spec out of the way first;

21" frame, equates to approx. 57cm top tube and 53cm seat tube in Champagne with pinstriping and detailed lugs, A-D embossed seat stays, takes 27.2 seatpost, approx. 1976.
Reynolds 531 tubing frame and fork with chromed crown
Campagnolo dropouts
Campagnolo cable routers
Dura-Ace headset
120mm rear dropout spacing

The last owner of this frame bought it new and stored it for around 35 years, I believe it was never used, possibly built up but not much more, the indicators of this are zero marks where the front dr should mount, zero marks on the top tube where on this frame the rear brake cable would have been tied to the tube, zero marks on the underside of the downtube (no stone chips), a headset and BB that look as new, and paint still clearly visible in the threads of the bottle cage bosses and inside the seat tube.

For those that don't know about these frames your best to have a look through these two links as there's some fantastic period adverts and information, from newspaper articles to a letter from Reynolds.

http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/catalogs/A ... leicht.jpg

http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/catalogs/A ... icht_info/

This was a very high end bike in it's day, selling for £500 back in 1976!! It's believed the only model above the Superleicht in AD hierarchy, the Ultima Superleicht (costing £100 more) was the most expensive road bike on sale at that time.

Back to the frame, of course it does have a few small marks which is expected given the period of time it's been stored but nothing really of note, it's in simply stunning condition and absolutely original, with all Reynolds stickers present, along with 'made in Austria' and another advising in meets US regs.

It's a very sleek frame given that it has no front dérailleur mount, no lugs for the rear cable on the top tube, and only one set of holes for a bottle cage, so would be great for fixed/singlespeed.

Please note the Campagnolo seatpost is not included but can be should the buyer want it for an agreed price.

This is a unique opportunity to pick up a beautiful and original vintage A-D frame that may not be repeated in a while!

I apologise for my poor photos, these don't show the colour off very well, I'll try to take more in better light tomorrow!

Price: £295

Based in Colchester Essex or your more than welcome to arrange your own courier, I can package up in a frame box.

Any questions don't hesitate to contact me

Hi Fraser,

Yes very happy with it!! You've probably noticed it's had a good clean, it's a lovely thing and I'm hoping a friend who's very interested in it will give me the go ahead to build it up for him, it really deserves a high end build and would be a pleasure to do, plus I'd still get to see it!

Here's some better pics;

Back