Stop it you annoying buggers!

Purple is just that, a nice colour, ano purple is what it is NICE!
3DV is what a few claiments have used to boost what they have :LOL:
But at the end of the day its :roll:

To be fair, I think I've used 3DV in a few ads recently but purely out of ignorance. I've always called purple, purple - right up until the point where I joined this site, saw 3DV everywhere and assumed it was the right name. I'm going back to purple now, where I feel comfortable. :)

In terms of NOS - that's always confused me on this site. When I used to own a VW bug if you bought something NOS it was boxed, still wrapped in tissue and never been fitted/used. I have no problem with buying something in "excellent condition" but NOS has a specific purpose/meaning and should be kept that way really. If I was the kind of person to get wound up about anything... it would probably be that. But life's too short. :)

YES!
Now NOS really gets me NOS stands for New Old Stock..........
and should mean that if its been used once its not NOS I luv new parts, clean parts, and quality parts.
Perhaphs we could coin a new frase?
UAFTNNOLS?
used a few times nearly new old stock!!!
ha i wish

BoyBurning":29h0wezz said:
I really shouldn't (I have been taking my pills) but I am getting more and more riled by people misusing '3DV' to describe PURPLE.

3DV, or '3D Violet' was coined by, and specifically used by Ringle.

It is not to be used when describing other manufacturers versions of PURPLE.

Please (or rather in my current state of mind FFS) stop using 3DV to describe a set of bloody X-Lite Chicken Stix or anything else non-Ringle that may or may not happen to have a bit of purple to it.

Learn your history, facts and figures before jumping on the bandwagon.

3DV IS NOT TO BE USED AS A GENERAL DESCRIPTION FOR PURPLE - IT IS ONLY APPLICABLE (WHERE RELEVANT) TO RINGLE.

Right, time for my lobotomy.

BB

Violet 3D is a trade name.....of the company that manufactures the dye.
What you are refuring to is a set of standards that Ringle and Grafton came up with to ensure their products were the same shade, depth, tone, hue or whatever you want to call it.

Back