Huge clearout of parts - even lower prices 25/2/12

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I need to clear out a lot of the spare parts I am not going to be using on any of my builds, so here they are up for sale at what I think are keen prices, as I'd rather this was put to good use than languished in cupboards and boxes.

Please respond to the thread and PM me if you are interested in anything. Price included UK postage only. Happy to post overseas for a little more.

If you want any further information or pictures of any of the items, just ask.

Pics taken so far can be found here:

http://s965.photobucket.com/albums/ae136/Ian_Shaw/Retrobike/

I will be updating the thread as/when I find time to take pics of my other items, and I'll aslo update my Karma thread too (link to be provided)

Happy to swap for things that I need, or are a little interesting. Once thing I do need is an XTR m952 front mech in top pull, 31.8 size. Standard swing preferred.

If you are looking for some more modern parts, I'm selling a mint XTR M960 chainset and BB, plus minty XT M770/2 mechs and shifters: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1376559#1376559

So, here we go:

Gear levers and shifters
Suntour thumbie - left/friction - £8 - NOW £6 - NOW £5
Not sure what model this is - bough for spares but won't be using.

Mechs
Deore XT M735 rear mech, short cage - £20 - NOW £18 - NOW £15
Rarer short cage version and in pretty good shape. A few cosmetic marks but everything is nice and tight as far as I can tell. Jockeys starting to go a little pointy but should be good for a few miles yet.

XTR M952 e-type front mech - £25 - NOW £22 - NOW £20
I bought this but its the wrong size. I'll also include an additional one for spare parts.

Brakes and levers
XTR M900 rear brake lever - no pod mount - £10 - NOW £8 - NOW £5
Someone at some point decided that they didn't need the shifter pod. Great condition aside from that.

Dia-Compe SS-7 levers - £20 - NOW £17 - NOW £15
Taken off the pace I bought when I replaced with machine tech levers. Marking on one body from thumbies it looks like.

XT M737 cantis and red ritchey pads - £20 - NOW £18 - NOW £15
Taken off the pace when I replaced with machine tech cantis. In great condition as pics highlight. Bolts and straddle included. Was used on the rear if that makes a difference.

Canti/V brake adapter - £8 - NOW £6
Allows you to use v brake levers with cantis, or is it the other way around?

Cranks, bottom brackets an cassettes

Middleburn drive side crank arm - £30 - NOW £25
Bought this hoping I could swap the spider over as it would have suited my pace build, but alas, this did not fit on my RS-3 cranks arms so after nicking some rings, these are back up for sale. One with dodgy threads/tapers sold for this in another thread last week - this one is sound!

Shimano Biopace rings, 48 and 38t - £15 - NOW £13
Excellent condition with very little wear. Silver.

BB - UN52 BB - 73 x 115/7 - £10 - NOW £8
I can confirm exact measurements, but a nice and smooth BB.

Pace spider converter - £10 - NOW £8 - NOW £6
Allows conversion of some shimano cranks to run standard rings instead of the proprietary ones Shimano had created.

Middleburn spider in green - £10 - NOW £8
Lovely and green, 2 rings only. Includes bolts.

Sram 9.0 cassette - £20 - NOW £18
Done about 60 miles - london to brighton a couple of years ago, and the ride from clapham station to tooting. Been idle ever since so practically new.

Saddles and seat posts
Ringle Moby Deuce seatpost - £30 - NOW £27 - NOW £25
27.2 x 350mm. Some marks where saddle bag has been fitted and a few others. Clevis pin has a small crack in it, but it is a horizontal one so should be OK - spares available. I paid over the odds for this at £45 so grab a bargain.

Kona seatpost clamp in silver - £10 - NOW £8
I believe this is for the steel framed konas as is pretty small. Came on my yo eddy iirc.

Accessories
AC brake booster - £15 - NOW £12
Green and lovely, cost me twice what I'm selling it for.

New in packet DCD, in silver - £25 - now £20
Never used, still in original packaging and only removed for the picture.

Stems, bars, bar ends and headsets
Kooka CNC work of art. 1 Inch stem in black/aubergine - £55 - NOW £50
Barely marked at all, all bolts included (esp. the one hidden under the tape for the star nut). 1 inch steerer.

Club Roost I-Beam quill stem - £10 - NOW £8
Slight scratching on the front, but in A1 condition everywhere else. I believe this is a 1 1/8 quill, but ask and I'll confirm.

Control Tech Team bar ends - £20 - NOW £18 - NOW £15
Practically unmarked and crazy light bar ends in silver. Again, these may have Ti bolts, though I'm not 100% certain and happy to check.

ATI bar end glove grips - £10 - NOW £8 - NOW £6
For use with bar ends that clamp inside the bar (not answer hyper ends as I was hoping they would) New in packet, but have opened to confirm that they don't do what I want them to do.

Control Tech 'Control Stix' bar ends - £15 - NOW £12 - NOW £10
Bought these, then managed to get my hands on a slightly better conditioned set - not that there is anything wrong with these as the pictures show, I'm just a bit sad and wanted one less mark. Logos present and correct. I can't remember, but these may have ti bolt replacements. I can confirm if asked.

Syncros stem in silver - £25 - NOW £22
Top cap included, great condition but no decals.

XT 1 inch threaded headset - £20 - NOW £18
Again, off the pace when I swapped out for a King. Was super smooth and well greased. Not too many marks to the locknut, unlike some you see out there.

SOLD ITEMS:
Ringle twisters in black - £20 - now £13
Been advised that these are the later versions, but they are still lovely.
Kona seat post clamp - £10 - NOW £8
Same as the other one (how have I ended up with two and never owned a Kona?). For steel frames.
X-Lite chicken stix in black - £25 - now £22.50 - NOW £20
Nice and light canti levers in black. Some slight markings as pictures highlight.
XT M739 v brakes - £35 - NOW £30 - NOW £25 to clear
Front was taken off the pace, the other pair I had laying around. One set of bolts only, and I can supply some noodles if needed/wanted.
Suntour XC pro thumb shifters - £35 - NOW £30
Good condition, 7 speed version. Work extremely well. Only selling as have too many of them and not enough bikes to fit them on.
Shimano UN51 BB - 113 x 68 (I think) - £10 - NOW £8
Don't let the rust fool you, it is extremely smooth and has plenty of life in it, I've just no use for it myself.

XT M739 rear mech - £10 - NOW £8 to clear
Missing spring in the main frame bolt, and the c-clip that holds this part together. I've probably got a spare c-clip, but no compatible spring I'm afraid. Silver alloy jockey wheels included. I bought this off here and didn't notice the spring/c-clip were missing so losing out on this.

Kona canti brake mount - £10 - NOW £8
Not much to say, grey and allows the running of canti cables on forks. Kona branded.

XTR M952 9 speed STI shifters/levers - £75 - NOW £70 - Now £65 - Now £60
Great condition, some scuffing to the bar mounts and a couple of hairline cracks to the casing, but aside from that, shift flawlessly and look great.

Hershey or controltech skewers in blue - £20 - NOW £17
Sadly just the wrong shade of blue for me, or they would be on the pace build (they may still be, I'm having second thoughts about selling these).

X-Lite bar ends in blue - £15
The lighter version with the OCS (iirc) decals on, though these have faded a bit. Rounded/domed ends.

XT M737 chainset - £50
Take off from the pace when I replaced with middleburn for no other reason than I was doing a bit of a mint sauce on the pace. Great condition, both arms and rings. 175mm arms, threads and tapers all good, bolts included.

Suntour XC Pro crank arms - £35 - NOW £32 - NOW £30
Great condition with a few small scratches only. Logo unmarked, threads and tapers all good, Granny ring spacers and bolts included.

Suntour XC Pro thumbies - 7/8 speed - £35 - NOW £30
The version that allows you to select whether you want 7 or 8 speed indexing, none of this 'secret' 8 which is essentially the friction mode. Good condition, a few marks from use as you would expect.

Deore XT M733 canti brake levers - £20 - NOW £17
Excellent condition, with some minor scuffs and a scrape to speak of only
Ringle Moby seatpost, no mounting hardware - £10 - NOW £8
Just the post. I bought this but discovered it was not as it seemed as a) it had a small crack on one side, and b) it used to be 3DV (I think I can say that as this is a ringle product) and had been refinished in black. If anyone needs a post that looks OK, but isn't going to treat it to any abuse, this could be for you.
Selle San Marco/Bontrager Ti saddle - £35
I don't think that this is the bonty branded version, or if it is, the branding has worn off, but is is a lovely ti saddle that weighs practically nothing. Only one small nick to the leather, which has been glued down and is going nowhere, aside from that, its pretty much unmarked aside from the fading of the branding. More pics added of the underside - it's a 1992 vintage.
Suntour XC pro rear hub and freehub - £30 - NOW £27
100% new old stock and therefore in mint condition. 36h, 7 speed version.

Suntour XC pro rear cassette - £20
Again, new old stock, never fitted or used. I believe the ratio is 13-30. 7 Speed.

** Buy both the hub and cassette for £43 **

Ritchey bottom bracket - £10 - NOW £8
120x68mm Not used/fitted myself and has been idle for a while since I bought it. Couldn't say how smooth it would be once greased up/fitted

Sakae Titanium bulge bar - £30 - NOW £25
Good condition, slight wear to the edges of the logo/branding but aside from that in very good condition..

Race Face Ti ahead stem - £40
no scratches but decals have a bit of wear. This has the star nut/bung assembly in-built so no need for a star nut in your steerer. Sorry to let this one go, will regret it as I've only ever seen another one once.

X-Lite Ti wheel skewers - £20 - NOW £17
Early version of the Ti skewers with the fully threaded ti axle and domed qr body. One of the plastic washer things is missing a bit, and I'm not 100% sure, but one off the skewers may not be 100% straight where it joins the qr end, but it could be my eyes playing tricks on me. QR levers are removable.
Ringle Moby seatpost in turquoise - £50
Bought a while back, intending to use on the GLF Rascal, but have decided to stick with black post and MC1, and have opted for a coontroltech post with the rib down the middle for strength as the Kleins are renowned for cracking at the seatpost clamping area. The post is 27.2mm diameter and 360mm long (ish). Has marks to it as the pics will show, but if you only show 160mm or less out of the frame, you'll never see 95% of the marks, and the rest are minor above this point.
Fork canti brake mount - £3
Silver and allows canti brakes to be run on rigid forks.
Pace Renthal +130 bars in blue - £20
Marked by previous owner where the grips will fit, but in pretty good shape everywhere else as hopefully the pics show
Orange 1 inch quill stem - £5
Missing quill/wedge but bolt is there. Cosmetically OK but eveidence of use for sure.
Controltech 1 inch quill stem in silver - £10
Missing quill wedge. Removable face plate and in good condition.
Hyperlight bars in purple - £40
Nice bars with very few marks to detract from it's puple beauty.

Re: Huge clearout of parts - priced to sell

ishaw":2zi8sqaq said:
Ringle Moby seatpost... it used to be 3DV (I think I can say that as this is a ringle product)...

Excellent!

Word is spreading!

I have finally contributed something worthwhile and lasting to this site...

BB

Re: Huge clearout of parts - priced to sell

BoyBurning":2y09979z said:
ishaw":2y09979z said:
Ringle Moby seatpost... it used to be 3DV (I think I can say that as this is a ringle product)...

Excellent!

Word is spreading!

I have finally contributed something worthwhile and lasting to this site...

BB
It's 3DV according to the gospel of boyburning, I've been converted.

how often do non-drive middleburn crank arms turn up? i ask as i fancy the middleburn spider and arm but i don't want it hanging up for too long.cheers

joe careless":1ef6zpgn said:
how often do non-drive middleburn crank arms turn up? i ask as i fancy the middleburn spider and arm but i don't want it hanging up for too long.cheers
I've no idea, but if it were me in your position I'd buy them and post a wanted advert and see if you get any takers. I'm sure someone will answer with what you need.

Hi Ian, I'm interested the x-lite skewers. Do they work ok?
Could you let me have pics of the ends pls.

Also, why wouldn't the blue spider fit your cranks? Then I could buy your silver one. Doh!

Cheers
Matt

Back