1,010.4 KB · Views: 1,489
Re:

Excited!! :D

Attachments

• 3B8C9B4E-2942-4D2A-AF9A-CEE6225C3146.jpeg
    3B8C9B4E-2942-4D2A-AF9A-CEE6225C3146.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,439
Re:

Back in 2016 I rescued a cracked RC300 which I had repaired and custom painted.

The original frames came from the factory with a silver foil headbadge sticker, but I wanted something a little classier.

My search led me to a guy called Geoff Moorhouse who makes batches of custom badges from pewter and one-off badges from magnesium, so I ordered one from him and was delighted with what turned up!

Here's the Pace badge.....

Attachments

• RC300.jpg
    RC300.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,353
  • welder.jpg
    welder.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,353
Re:

So.... this got me thinking.... :facepalm:

I got in touch and asked if he was still producing badges, and if so could he make me a custom one.

His answer was yes!

The standard Stooge headbadge is mostly black with silver highlights, but I wanted to reverse it if possible, and add the word SCRAMBLER to it.

So, after sending some artwork, Geoff reversed the image, which I then printed and cut out to make sure the dimensions looked right.

After confirming all was good, he cast the badge in magnesium.... here's a pic he sent me.

It's still to be finished with black inlaid then lightly brushed.... but it's looking great even in its raw state! :cool:

Attachments

• stooge2.jpg
    stooge2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,354
  • stooge1.jpg
    stooge1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,355
  • stooge.jpg
    stooge.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,354
Re:

Just received an email from Geoff with a pic saying the badge is finally finished!

Here it is. :cool:

Attachments

• stoogebadge.jpeg
    stoogebadge.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,343
Re:

Blimey, your going to town on this :shock:

Mine's gonna be in the mustardy yellow, with boring old eagle GX :LOL:

Re: Re:

jinjrich":bliqhqjk said:
Blimey, your going to town on this :shock:

Mine's gonna be in the mustardy yellow, with boring old eagle GX :LOL:

:LOL: Yeah, I know.... too long a wait.... ;)

Get a pic of yours posted here once it arrives and you get it built, the ochre colour-way is nice. :cool:

Re:

If this is the level of detail going into the badge then this is going to be an epic build :)

Re:

So.... the frames are finally ready for dispatch and hopefully mine will be here this time next week.... can't wait! :D

Andy has posted a few pics of an ochre one he's just built up, I think it looks great.... but still glad I picked the green! ;)

Attachments

• ochre18.jpg
    ochre18.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 1,118
Re:

My day off today and the postman dropped off a frame sized box earlier! :D :D :D

Really pleased with it. Love the colour, the paint finish is very nice and the 'Stooge' decal is underneath the lacquer which was an unexpected bonus.

Have been running a tap through the threads on all the bottle fixings and fitting ti rotor bolts instead of the supplied black steel bolts.

Taking my time though as don't want to finish it too soon after waiting so long for it to turn up! ;)

Attachments

• st3.jpeg
    st3.jpeg
    674.8 KB · Views: 846
  • st2.jpeg
    st2.jpeg
    894.4 KB · Views: 846
  • st1.jpeg
    st1.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 846
Back