Stolen Stumpjumper (Cambridge)

sorry to hear of your theft

but , that first pic is brilliant

hope it works out

mike

hiya

i know all he cycle shops in cambridge and will drop buy and let them know.

cash converters would be worth swinging via with a pic for them to hang onto. a few stolen bikes have ended up there over the years.

im swinging into haywards after work so ill let them know today

All the best

Doug

Thank-you to everyone for thoughts, help etc.

skuncan":3cfyiebv said:
I would like to help if possible.. I was given a M2 stumpjumper a couple of months ago for free..

Now you are more than welcome to the bike (karma as we say on here)

Thanks for the offer, if it's anywhere near 17" do you mind if I sit on the offer for a week or so while I see if anyone's silly enough to actually try to sell my bike?

I have to admit though that I was rather hoping that the karma would be of the lightening strike sort :twisted: perhaps it just doesn't work that way.

kase1983":3cfyiebv said:
cash converters would be worth swinging via with a pic for them to hang onto

Another good idea -- I'll see if I can print a few colour copies off to hand out to a few of these shops (does anyone have a current list of Cambridge bike shops?)

In my experience this kind of theft is often perpetrated by someone looking to make a quick 20 quid (if you know what I'm saying) and the bike may be sold several times in a short space of time, eventually ending up with someone who buys it innocently believing it is legit. Carry a good bike lock with you whenever you are in town, if you see your bike lock it with your lock and call the police.

Really sorry you lost a bike you've owned for so long.

Skuncan - you win my prize for most generous karma offer I've seen, props to you.

Nick B":17ux7x04 said:

skuncan":17ux7x04 said:
I would like to help if possible.. I was given a M2 stumpjumper a couple of months ago for free..

Thanks for the offer, if it's anywhere near 17" do you mind if I sit on the offer for a week or so while I see if anyone's silly enough to actually try to sell my bike?

Am not sure of the size.. but its no bigger than an 18in... and its yours if you want it.. its sat on my garage awaiting a new owner !! :D

Let me know when you are ready... and we can try and sort something with regards to getting it to you.

mechagouki":3nee04p8 said:
Skuncan - you win my prize for most generous karma offer I've seen, props to you.

Thanks for you kind words... I have suffered from a scumbag taking a bike and its crap thing to do to someone...

D

mechagouki":6wwq1j5d said:
In my experience this kind of theft is often perpetrated by someone looking to make a quick 20 quid (if you know what I'm saying) and the bike may be sold several times in a short space of time, eventually ending up with someone who buys it innocently believing it is legit. Carry a good bike lock with you whenever you are in town, if you see your bike lock it with your lock and call the police.

Really sorry you lost a bike you've owned for so long.

That's almost the worst of it that they want so little money. Good idea about a lock -- I can't say that I'd have ever thought of that!

skuncan":i9jvy2ir said:
Nick B":i9jvy2ir said:

skuncan":i9jvy2ir said:

Am not sure of the size.. but its no bigger than an 18in... and its yours if you want it.. its sat on my garage awaiting a new owner !! :D

Let me know when you are ready... and we can try and sort something with regards to getting it to you.

Thank-you; I'll try to drop you a PM in the next couple of weeks to let you know either way.

Sorry you lost ya bike.

I'd also try OWL bikes in Sawston.
Any bikes that are found in the Cambridge area and not claimed can end up there to be scrapped (god forbid) or done up and sold.

Insurance and bikes in Cambridge dont mix BTW!

J

Back