STOLEN SARACEN !!!

Well, an update, the police got in contact with the excuse that they had been trying to contact me for days, to which I asked what time where they phoning, the answer being mid morning and to that I said was the problem, for I clearly said to the person who I initially reported the theft to when they asked when I will be at home, I said after 1900 hours as I am through the day elsewhere, trying to start a career in self employment. A career at a location I used to cycle to but cannot no longer due to the bike being stolen. The bike was stolen in the three days I was fortunate enough to obtain a lift from a passing motorist because I was transporting tools and materials to my future work location, but when I went back to the bike, it was gone, strange that.

Anyway, the upshot of the converstion is the police have been acting, they are scouring the familiar places on the internet for my machine, same as what I have been doing basically, but I did make them aware of my suspicions to which they took a name to investigate, as others whom I know reckoned my suspect to be pretty dodgy and what the hell was I doing conversing with him, for surely I can see what he is like.

To that my answer was that is one of the problems with aspergers syndrome, one tends to be gullible when it comes to people, we can at best trust or distrust and I prefer the former as it is much nicer to believe people are essentially honest and decent as life is much better that way, but a rogue tends to spoil the bunch, but I am trying to not let that happen this time.

I did mention to the police I will be following said retrobiker when he goes to meet his pals for their irregular Dartmoor jaunt and to that I was expecting to be told about taking the law into one's own hands, but nothing but I am doing the best I can to recover my property, which could also mean the police are saying they in reality have little hope of recovering the bike.

Don't suppose it is the same bike but i saw a yoof riding a Tidy Turquoise Raleigh Montage down the high street of Torpoint last week. I was thinking there can't be many left but then saw an identical bike in Fowey two days later.

SJ

There are many an old mountain bike around in good order, this website alone has increased the interest in these old machines, and because of that, created the market for thieves to act. An unwanted side effect, but where there is interest and want, there will be always those around to service that need and want.

Back