Stolen but need advice

Re:

Just FYI; transactional & accounting records (such as what eBay might have kept) 'only' have to be kept for 7 years under UK companies' law. Most other countries are similar timeframes.
They do not have to hold, by law, details of any transaction over that time if there was no knowledge on their part or any inquiry involving criminal activity requiring documentation to be retained.

If it's that rare, I'd set up search alerts on eBay, and on findthatbike, etc to send you an email whenever a new bike is listed with the same details (name or model, etc). Who knows, if it gets re-advertised in the next 18 years you might find it again.

Re:

There is only 1, this is why I know the pics tracked down and found belong to my bike, as the pic and description correspond totally 100℅.
The pic and description state something which is 100℅ unique to the bike. Which although a very very very limited number. The description is describing a uniqueness that was the only one,.
Its just when I click on the the link I only get the item number.
I have a sneaky suspicion its here and in some totally innocent parties hands.

Re:

Well you are right that you could recover stolen goods years after the event. Good title can't pass on goods that are stolen.

That's not the real issue; the best evidence you have is 8 years old, even if you could obtain the details of the owner 8 years ago from eBay, the bike may well have passed through more hands - or the current owner will just lie and say it's not in his garage

If you were going to do a time cost analysis on gettin this back its not worth it. Sorry.

Re:

Well, here's hoping wherever the bike is now, find's it way back to you.

I agree that it would be a lost cause to try and contact Ebay, Police, etc, as you say it was stolen 18yrs ago, who knows how many hands it has passed through since then.

You say it is 'one of a kind', but do you have proof of ownership, like the original sales reciept, serial number, and was it reported to the Police when it was stolen 18yrs ago? If not, it will be quite hard to get it back. And really without proof, anyone on here could claim any bike was theirs,(like a nice Ti Fat, does the current owner have proof it was never stolen in the last 18-20 years?) and demend it back

Hopefully the current has a soul, and believes in karma, and you two figure out a way to get it back to it's home, if you ever find out where it is...

Back