1996 Marin Nail FRS Derailleur Hanger advice

LeeW

Dirt Disciple
I am moving along slowly with my rebuild of this 1996 Marin Nail FRS. I bought the frame which had taped to the rear drop out the hanger shown in the images. For the life of me I cannot see how it fits. I'm thinking it is the incorrect part. I've also attached an image that I found on the web of an aftermarket hanger which looks very similar in shape. Unfortunately they are out of stock !! Am I right to think the one I've been sent with the frame is incorrect, or am I just being dumb? If it is incorrect, any advice as to where I can source a correct hanger which may be in stock ? TIA

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    372.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    392 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Hanger.jpeg
    Hanger.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 8
Take away the spacer.
The actual hanger should fit flush.
Someone may have put the spacer in as they were running 130mm spacing rear axle instead of 135mm

EDIT
The hanger goes first, then the plate, the plate part has the thread for the screws by looks of it, it also has marks from the end of the hub axle.
So the hanger is sandwiched between frame and plate.

Take away the spacer.
The actual hanger should fit flush.
Someone may have put the spacer in as they were running 130mm spacing rear axle instead of 135mm

EDIT
The hanger goes first, then the plate, the plate part has the thread for the screws by looks of it, it also has marks from the end of the hub axle.
So the hanger is sandwiched between frame and plate.
There is no thread in the hanger or the drop out purely in the piece you say is a spacer. So without that, there is no way of holding the hanger to the drop out as the screws dont reach. Maybe I hust need longer screws? However surely the hangar should be flush with the frame when fitted. As you can see, it is recessed a few mm when fitted

Will the hanger fit into the frame drop out with a little persuasion? Then the "spacer" the might be a backing plate fit, with the screws in from the front?
I had one on a specialized that was a real tight fit

Issue resolved......Of course there is a slot in the hanger to accept the dropout. Once slid in the plate fixes at the back no problem. Hard to focus in image 1 showing the slot, but image 2 shows the hanger fitted

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 4
Back