steve thornhill?

mickyh

Retro Newbie
New to the site and new to biking i have recently brought a steve thornhill racer from a friend of mine who does the local bins he said he had it from steve thornhill's wife and that it was his actual bike that he hand built and raced. i have found out that he used to have a shop in birmingham that has long closed down but am struggling to find any info on him. So if anyone knows anything about him or his bikes feel free to share :) ...... it has some decent looking parts on it(campagnolo) but i haven't a clue and was trying to find out what type they are and whether or not they are any good. So here's a few pics off my ten pence phone as i'm not to upto scratch with new technology...not the best pics at all but if you can make them out i would like to know what frame it is?, which crank is on it? etc and a seperate derailleur come with it but has no jockey wheel and bolt where would i purchase one?.... any info much appreciated cheers.

Attachments

• steve thornhill racer.jpg
    steve thornhill racer.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 384
  • campagnolo crank unsure of type.jpg
    campagnolo crank unsure of type.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 384
  • campagnolo rear deraileur.jpg
    campagnolo rear deraileur.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 384
  • mavic rear hub.jpg
    mavic rear hub.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 384
  • mavic rims.jpg
    mavic rims.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 384
  • front frame.jpg
    front frame.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 384
  • slx tubing.jpg
    slx tubing.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 384
  • back frame seatpost.jpg
    back frame seatpost.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 384
there were no handlebars, brakes or cables with it when i had it so replaced them with some someone else gave to me but was wondering what would be a decent set of bars and brakes to get for it?

Back