SRAM v Shimano

I'd like to hear any bot's or anybody's opinion on the Shimano vs Sram debate 10 years on from the original post? I'm still a Shimano man but has anyone swayed their preferences with recent groupsets?
Nope, still a Shimano man and run a combo of XT + SLX, 11 and 12 speed. Had a bike with Sram SX last year and it was terrible.

Well I'm using SRAM SX on my modern bike (it came with it)... and so far it's been spot on. All my retro stuff is Shimano though, except for a couple of sets of SRAM Gripshift.
I honestly can't notice a difference between Shimano/SRAM these days. Not tried Di2/AXS yet though.

Well I'm using SRAM SX on my modern bike (it came with it)... and so far it's been spot on. All my retro stuff is Shimano though, except for a couple of sets of SRAM Gripshift.
I honestly can't notice a difference between Shimano/SRAM these days. Not tried Di2/AXS yet though.
It was the rear mech with mine. Baggy from new and could never get it to index properly across the 12 sp cassette. Apparently it's a known issue caused by them not including a spring that the better mechs have. It can be retro fitted from what I was told. Also don't like thumb/thumb shifting after years of Shimano finger/thumb. Fnar.

My SRAM X5 mountain bike components lasted all of 5 minutes.

Gear levers fell apart after 6 months. Rear mech popped its clogs after 8 months (didn;t ride much in bad weather).
Front mech got a crack in it after 1 year. SRAM cassettes wear out like butter.

Back