Sram or shimano?

Re:

I think SRAM offer levers with an integrated (baby)bell.

You'll need to run your drivetrain with DT Swiss (cheese) wheels.

See what can come from setting one of your disciples free? It’s more than I can Camembert.

Re:

I've got sram on both bikes and love the X0 , do use shim front mechs though as sram ones don't seem to work as well (the old ones I have anyway ) but like both 9 and 10 speed (one bike 2X9 and one 2X10) rear mechs and shifters .

Re:

Front mechanical, that's a fair point. I've got x9 and x0 and the shifting isn't great. I recently downgraded an xo front for an apex or gx (I forget which) and it worked much better (and had a proper band rather than the endless band sliver of metal style).

I do like SRAM, but that said, the dual push Shimano are great. I've got bikes with both, and aside from trying to push an SRAM shifter the wrong way, am happy with both performance wise.

I've had issues with SRAM shifters. Design wise you can push them past their limit and the tooth that pushes the ratchet round can break off. Never done it myself but have bought shifters that have been intermittent, and once opened up, found this to be the cause. Seems a flaw in the design.

Do you think wicket will get this far to find the genuine advice? I had a Sram rear X5 explode after just clipping a root. I was miles from anywhere and narrowly avoided a meltdown. De brie everywhere. But the Shimano stuff is grate.

We've been so immature.

Re: Re:

wicket":1v4xdf0q said:
Thanks for the replies...entertaining :)
Brielliant advice it was blue. While stilton topic I do rate their chains and cassettes. Not tried all the xd driver malarkey though.

Fromage-based puns aside...

I'm using 11sp SRAM GX with an XD-driver on my modern bike. Won't touch Shimano with a bargepole now tbh.

Back