Spinner aeris fork help

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I know this isn't a retro fork as such, but it's retro at heart as it allows v brake use and will be used on a retro build, so hope it's ok to post here.

I've just acquired said fork, I remember stumbling across a write up years ago that read along the lines of spinner, having made many a fork for many a company, often not top notch, making their own top end, sid-esque fork.

I couldn't pass it up when I came across it recently, long steerer, v brake compatible and really tidy cosmetically. The good ends there though.

Previous owner has at some point attempted a service and while it is really really plush moving up and down, it has no damping at all.

It is so light I suspect it has no fluid, so I'm after advice on how to tear down the fork and check everything is right, and also any info on oil weight and levels, plus the procedure to fill it and hopefully get it working as it should and put to good use.

Any other info about the fork, numbers made, if it's any good etc also wanted.

It looks great, I hope I can get it working as well as it looks.

Thanks

Attachments

• PSX_20221025_082736.jpg
    PSX_20221025_082736.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Google "spinner aeris fork" and there is loads of info and top of the results is a setup manual from Spinner USA. Add "manual" to the search and that opens up some more interesting results. Maybe you already know this but none of the results have instructions on how to take apart?

Pretty damn light at 1650g.

Thanks. I had previously come up empty doing that other than finding similar posts asking for help so hadn't tried again. Certainly some useful looking guides now. Will take a closer look at some and hopefully get them fettled. They are indeed pretty light, hopefully they also work well once serviced as they are a mint set and will look nice on a retro steed.

Back