spinergy wheels on retro

WD Pro":1d0jzujx said:
Get some pictures up ! :cool:

WD :D
In good time, cranks, mechs and brakes fitted, more polishing done. Need to choose tyres then I will post up some pics so you can see how the wheels sit on a retro frame.

would love to see some pics of any all that you have.

Just got my grubby mits on some 700c spox wheels and trying to restore them

This is running around town bike. I know it is a 700. But I just wanted to show my mix of retro and new stuff. 17 pounds without the Brooks saddle.

Attachments

• IMG_20131206_024502.jpg
    IMG_20131206_024502.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 299
I've run both SPOX and RevRox over the years.
Never had any trouble from the carbon hubbed SPOX the ones with ceramic rims are particularly good...and I still have access to replacement spokes if needed.:

IMG_8659.jpg
Spoxfront.jpg

SPOKrear.jpg

The RevRox always feel too fragile to be totally confident using them, and their reputation's not good. look cool, though:
IMG_8379.jpg

c4a82268.jpg

All the best,

I briefly owned some some Rev-X I sold them without ever using them. I wouldn't trust them to ride,probably not even on-road. I still have a broken front if anyone wants the parts for spares.

oooh, loving all the pics, I'll get some shots of mine up today (Even if they are road types)

does anyone remember what size bearing I'll need for them?

spencer13":baeyunii said:
evening
Dan did you make that frame?
it's a klein mantra, not home made.

And I'm not surprised the rev x wheels are in short supply, they were bloody awful things.
Managed to offload mine to a mate to put on his retro klein. Only risen on high days and holidays.
The goldtec/517 I them with were better in every way.

Latest posts

Back