Spied at this years Sea Otter

Re: Crank Bros

Wold Ranger":3loznbux said:
In the true tradition of MTB form over function, the Crank Bro wheels are designed to last just one ride then self destruct Errr, that'll be the same as their pedals headsets and Seatposts then!
Their philosophy seems to be to design change for changes sake into products that have naturally evolved for the better. To solve a problem that never existed in the first place! To say their stuff is poor, is being kind to them!!!!

I'm using their Cobalt ISIS bottom brackets on two bikes and they seem to work fine ?

Isis

They seem to work fine, but then I believe they are rebadged SKF ones? Over in the UK, the mags rate their products highly upon first reviews, but a week or two later when they have dropped to bits, they slate them deservadly so. (they have found they just don't last.( The pedals while rebuildable, have just a single tiny ball race per side with opposing bushings and have a nasty habit of the pedal sliding off the spindle at the sketchiest of moments! Shimano Spds seem to last forever though.

I had a fancy Crank Bros Mini Pump last year that managed to inflate one tyre before self desructing :roll:
Nil point

scant":3qjpg3ug said:
B3":3qjpg3ug said:
Crell":3qjpg3ug said:
Scant asked the same on the STW thread - Panaracer Spikes.

The mud tyre?

yup. nick from charge reckons he can persuade panaracer to make amber walls again.. still waiting to hear back. realistically the potential sales would be tiny.

I think Nick will be able to talk them into it....definately the market for amberwalls these days

TBH back in the day I always wanted blackwall tyres as amberwalls just looked crap after a few muddy rides with all the brake block residue. I suppose for retro 'dry bikes' they'll be good

I hope panaracer does make something like a 2.35 cinder tyre. after the FFB experience with the timbuk11 tyre I cant see it happening. VRC is still a tiny fraction of worldwide sales. specialized a made a short run of amberwall ground controls for their anniversary stumpjumper, despite being asked by the VRC crowd they still didnt step up to a bigger production run.

if anyone finds any bigger size decent amberwall tyres for sale please let me know!

SKF

They look very similar to the ones over here? All their other stuff is total garbage though, looks pretty, breaks very quickly, lots of local shops just won't touch it now ,as they just get it all back under complaint!

Back