Spank Spike Stem or other Low Stack Stem

What length do you need?
I have a couple of really low stack stems, but they are -20 degree ones, really intended for lowering the front end of tall 29ers.

Thank you all for the replies.

Ideally looking for around 30mm or so for 31.5mm bars

From memory the Spank Spike had a stack height of around 27mm. A bit more reach is not a bad thing and a negative height could well work - it is to go on a 26” frame with a 29+ front end.

Re:

My stem is FSA SLK -20 drop and it's 50mm. From memory it's a 28mm stack.
Is it for the old Sinister? I only ask because i don't think it'll work with the 49mm headtube, because of the drop. It clears a 44mm headtube fine.
It's almost new. I wanted a short stem, but it turned out to be too short for me.
After £30 posted if it's of use.
Can do a pic tomorrow.

Rich

Hi Rich
No it’s not for the Sinister. That seems to be the subject to a takeover attempt by my teenage son who wants to thrash it down Glentress etc and is currently partially built with a set of Marzocchi 66 rc3s but the travel looks too much and I haven’t found a way to reduce it. In order to divert his attention I steered him towards my Chumba HX 1 Which is currently a rigid 69er with On One fatty forks but he wants to use a set of Marzocchis with a slightly too short steerer hence the request.

I will check the frame fork combination tomorrow in the daylight and come back to you thank you.

Back