something a bit different, you'll like this!!!

videojetman- unless there was a massive need for these it wouldn't be worth my time doing them. to do 1 or 2 would take me a good few of hours.

chiswickcollectables- yeah, i'd love to do model bikes for commission but it would cost you a bomb. I've worked out to do another "pk ripper" I'd have to charge about 3 grand to cover my time so doing a whole new bike would be way more. If you're minted then we can discuss ;)

Given how much some people have paid for old-school BMX kit, I think there'd be a market even at £3k :)

MikeD":agr16z9x said:
Given how much some people have paid for old-school BMX kit, I think there'd be a market even at £3k :)

well I've got a thread radbmx.co.uk with over 20000 views and a thread on bmxmuseum with over 75000 views and nobody has ordered one! :?

That model is awesome.
I have a suggestion for a MTB model. It's by no means a great bike but in terms of model building I imagine it will be a challenge and the end result would look great. (It would probably be stiffer than the original as well).

How about doing a............................................

....................Kirk Revolution?

thanks for the suggestion but i want it to be a full suspension. i'm thinking now maybe a mountain cycle san andreas but i'd need to get my hands on one!

Ok, so after researching what bike to a model of and the fact that I'd need to get my hands on or buy whatever it may be so i can use it for reference I made a decision.

I've been speaking to steve peat about doing a replica of one of his relevant bikes, he told me he's still got most of his bikes built up so i asked him which one he'd like to see a model of. he suggested the one he won the world champs on which is his 2009 santa cruz v10. Not retro but will make a beautiful model.
He's got it built up exactly as it was the day he raced it and said i can take it away for as long as i need. :shock: :shock:

RESULT!
What a top bloke, watch this space!

Latest posts

Back