Someone's selling MY bike on eBay!

jimjim2012":34pkpgcb said:
a week later they are still up....huzzah for ebay.

I know, it's unacceptable. I've phoned eBay, spoke to someone there, explained my concerns, and was told it would be 24-48hrs before any action was taken.
But still they have done nothing about it.
I'm going to call them again.
They even sent me a "CSS- Customer Satisfaction Survey " email , what a joke!

If it wasn't "Local Pickup" only I would have hit the "Buy It Now" button on the Listing, then opened a case to get a refund as the bike will not be "As Described" in the photos, if only to give the seller some grief...

Re:

jimo746":mx3nwdo0 said:
jimjim2012":mx3nwdo0 said:
If it wasn't "Local Pickup" only I would have hit the "Buy It Now" button on the Listing, then opened a case to get a refund as the bike will not be "As Described" in the photos, if only to give the seller some grief...

Hit 'Buy It Now' anyway, you don't have to proceed to payment or go and pick it up. Then message the seller explaining why you did it. If he opens a dispute with ebay then you can refer them to your previous attempts to get the auction taken down, which they hadn't followed up.

On 08/03/2015 17:00, jasonw378 wrote:

Which bike is excellent? Yours or the one in the photos? You realise that's misrepresentation at best and fraud at worst? Take the pictures off the listing.
Or shall I just buy it, refuse to pay and report you after opening a dispute?
Let me know. Thanks.

Reply:
Hi Jason sorry about that, no harm intended I've been very busy with work and family lately. Taken pics off hope that will ease your mind.

All the best and hope you're enjoying the bike!

Dave

Pics now gone :)

Re:

Thanks everyone :D

You've achieved what me & eBay couldn't.

I only came across the listing by chance whilst looking for new shock bushings for the bike. What were the chances that the day I typed in "ASX4900" the search threw up a listing that used images of my bike??! :LOL:

Case closed I think ;)

Pretty low but it does happen.

End of last year, i searched for vauxhall astra gte just by chance due to boredom and found my car up for sale!!

Ok, it is my ex cat that i sold in 1999. Was amazed to see tt still around, had rear panels replaced as they all rusted there plus been converted to 4wd badly jugldging by the way it sat.

Back