Some pictures of my Kona Kula 2002.

Like the hahanna, I have one the same year currently working on. How is it with the front suspension I'm not sure if I should stick to the p2s?.

I may have to sell mine once it's done which will be a shame, that or do a good enough job the mrs could have it and I could then get shot of the horrific saracen zest in the shed, and I still get to ride the hahanna!

The front suspension does work really well but it's cheap Suntour so you do get a small amount of oil on the sanctions.
It's only 80mm travel but is plenty.
I like this year and think the bronze colour works pretty well with the silver and orange decals.

Try and get her to keep it ;)

naboo":1sswthf2 said:
Like the hahanna, I have one the same year currently working on. How is it with the front suspension I'm not sure if I should stick to the p2s?.

I may have to sell mine once it's done which will be a shame, that or do a good enough job the mrs could have it and I could then get shot of the horrific saracen zest in the shed, and I still get to ride the hahanna!

Got any pics of your bike naboo?

Got this, better angle.

Nice pics, ill try post some in a bit. My hahanna is in frame form only, the paint was dead, and the seat post seized in so badly I had to use heat to remove it, and ended up discolouring the paint. I've stripped her down to raw steel now, going to leave it that way for now, I will treat it with something and see how it goes, possibly adding the retro KONA decal and nothing else!

I just kind of finished my 03 firemountain and put some pics up in this section

Was lucky with mine, owned by a local lady from new and only light use, frame is perfect.

You should try and paint it the original colour and get some stickers.

I wasn't so lucky, mine was part of a job lot barn find I got off of eBay, I paid £25 for the lot (only wanted it for a wheel and a few bits and bobs) included was this hahanna frame, p2s , velocity stem and annoyingly a seized seat post. I was just going to polish it up and put it on eBay hoping to cover my costs for the other bits, instead I found retrobike and the more I looked at the frame (whilst trying to get the f@%¥*#g seat post out) I found myself getting attached to the skinny steel frame!

I'm going raw steel and seeing how it goes, if the corrosion gives me too much of a headache ill look into getting it sprayed

Will go rusty quick, a lad on here has a kona kilauea it's raw steel and meant to be rat look.

I'd deffo paint it :)

What else was with the job lot?

Will see, I will probably clear coat it and see what happens.

The job lot was just tyres etc, mostly cheap stuff, suspension forks (unbranded) I sold most of it on, really only wanted it for a disc mount wheel for my firemountain, so the Hahanna hasn't really cost me anything!

Back