SOLD Suntour Browning BEAST Electric shift chainset! Offers?

doctor-bond

Feature Bike
Chaps - a few bits for sale: postage prices are to UK mainland. I'll happily send them overseas at cost. Let me know if you need a quote.

Condition is as per photos; hit me with any questions. Payment is Paypal gift or add the 4%.

First up, a very rare opportunity to get hold of a Suntour Browning BEAST electric shift kit.

This is a very ingenious push button front shift kit comprising a triple chainset with a gated quadrant, and a solenoid that activates it. Push button shift under load!

The kit is unused but has suffered in storage: the button housing and battery housing need attention.

The solenoid works, and the buttons work, but as you can see, they aren't ideal. As a result I'm selling this on a 'for parts not working' basis.

now £70

IMG_0461

IMG_0463

IMG_0464

IMG_0462

Here's a lustrous Brodie stem and bars. Don't think they were made by Paul - certainly not by me; but they're pretty well made nonetheless.

Stem is one of those new fangled Ahead stems: 110mm reach; 1 1/8; 25.4mm clamp with a bit of rise.
£12

Bars are 56cm with a tickle of sweep. 25.4mm clamp.
£12.

IMG_0386

IMG_0387

IMG_0388

IMG_0390

IMG_0389

:cool:

Re: Brodie Stem and bars!

postage on the bar to Ontario, Canada, postal code L1K1J6?? paypal gift if rate is OK.

Re:

Johnny, the best price I can find to Canada is over £20.

You might be better off getting some decals and applying to a plain bar?

If you can find a better price, I'm happy to use it: the parcel will be 60cm by 4 by 5 and weigh 500g.

Re:

Hello
What do you think the beast would need to get it working? Oh and what size bb does the chainset run? It might be a daft question but does the thing that could be called a front mech mount to the seat tube and if so what clamp size would it take? Oh and what kind of batteries does it use? I find myself strangely tempted by this, I looked at one through a shop window 25 years ago and was strangely tempted then too.

Re: Re:

lockedmyselfout":ysejzqti said:
Hello
What do you think the beast would need to get it working? Oh and what size bb does the chainset run? It might be a daft question but does the thing that could be called a front mech mount to the seat tube and if so what clamp size would it take? Oh and what kind of batteries does it use? I find myself strangely tempted by this, I looked at one through a shop window 25 years ago and was strangely tempted then too.

To get it up and running you'll likely need a new set of buttons: the buttons work, but the cover is missing. have a look in the readers' kit thread: I asked about, and a simple 2 channel setup seems to be what's required.

You'll also need to find a way to affix the battery pack to the frame: a strap or band. It takes standard 9v square jobbies.

The thing in the pics with the circular band goes round the seat tube and the actuator fits to that: I'll get the vernier out in the morning, but it looks to be right for old school steel diameters rather than phat aluminium frames.

Not sure on BB width: I was going to start with my trusty Adjustable Suntour VX and work it from there.

Back