(SOLD) Colnago Master Gilco XT M700/M730 complete bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybernck

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Interesting and apparently rare bit of MTB steel!

The frame (center to center: 57 cm top tube, 54 cm seat tube) ideally needs restoration but the rest of it is rather nice.

Most of the paint damage has occurred on flat-coloured parts, so it would be possible to touch up. Along with a new set of sticker off ebay - it would look much, much better.

I'm not sure what the "line" on the 5th photo represents and I wouldn't like to guess. I'd have to take a patch of the paint off in order to determine if it's a crack in the paint or in the tube.

Also, I have noticed that something's up with the rear seat stays - they appear to be skewed/deformed. I find it a bit strange as the geometry seems fairly straight and there are no sings of bending or crashing that would account for it. Perhaps it was a design feature?! Unlikely but not sure.

EDIT: I have been advised that the rear stays have definitely been deformed, probably due to a slow-speed impact from the rear and that the "line" in the down tube is also probably a stress-induced crack. With this in mind, I'm reducing the price to £200 + shipping for the whole bike as is (again without the saddle) *or* £160 for the groupset with the wheels and £60 for the frameset (both plus shipping again).

Thanks, Nikica.

Re: Colnago Master Gilco XT M700/M730 complete bike

Added some quick photos - better ones to follow soon.

Re: Colnago Master Gilco XT M700/M730 complete bike

I have been advised that the rear stays have definitely been deformed, probably due to a slow-speed impact from the rear and that the "line" in the down tube is also probably a stress-induced crack. With this in mind, I'm reducing the price to £200 + shipping for the whole bike as is (again without the saddle) *or* £160 for the groupset with the wheels and £60 for the frameset (both plus shipping again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back