SOLD: 18" Cannondale M1000 frame and forks plus extras

rogerzilla

Retro Guru
1993 M1000, resprayed in red by Bob Jackson in 2004, and still respectable and no way in need of painting again, although there is the odd chip and scuff. I've had it from new (when it was black and blue).

Comes with an XT 1 1/4" headset fitted AND a set of spare bearing cartridges AND a NOS boxed XT headset, so you don't need to worry about the size being obsolete. If you want to ruin it by fitting suspension forks, just get some reducing rings for a 1 1/8" headset. There is an incredibly rare Nitto 1 1/4" to 1 1/8" quill adaptor (I imported it from the US) to allow a new 1 1/8" A-stem to clamp straight on. There's also an allen key seatclamp.

The Pepperoni forks have a steel steerer and were tested and passed as exempt from the 1994 recall (some had alu steerers which broke). The front brake bosses are new (thanks to the local 'Dale dealer; they have a weird 5/16" x 18TPI thread into the frame).

Everything else is pretty standard; 68mm English BB, 27.2mm seatpost size, 31.8mm seatclamp, 135mm rear spacing. Top tube is about 23". There are NO cantilever hangers on these frames because they were designed for Force 40 cable routing, so you'll want V-brakes. Chainring clearance is good because it was designed before compact drive chainsets, and I ran it as a fixie for a while with a 43T and a 47mm chainline. It is spectacularly lightweight.

The picture shows it built up with a quill stem, but this ad is just for the frame, forks, headset, seatclamp and stem adaptor. I'm near Swindon (SN4). Looking for about £140 to offset the cost of the replacement Inbred frame, which is of way inferior quality but has the horizontal dropouts I finally realised I needed after suffering a slipping ENO hub for a year.

m1000.jpg
[/img]

Holy smoke Batman that is a nice bike! Someone buy that quick!

Edit: I've got the Force 40 brake doofers to go with it if the buyer wants them ;)

That is a fantastic looking bike, hope my new M700 looks as good when i have built it ;)

:shock: ...still doubting about it, but maybe it helps when I know if you ship outside the UK and perhaps can tell me what the shipping costs to Dutch ground will be... :roll:

I found something about the M1000 being build op with Suntour. Anybody knows if that was a regular option in 1993 ?

If I decide on this one, that might be the option for me... but that also depents on the possiblity of shipping of course.

mvd1974":2lqi7csx said:
:shock: ...still doubting about it, but maybe it helps when I know if you ship outside the UK and perhaps can tell me what the shipping costs to Dutch ground will be... :roll:

I found something about the M1000 being build op with Suntour. Anybody knows if that was a regular option in 1993 ?

If I decide on this one, that might be the option for me... but that also depents on the possiblity of shipping of course.

There was an option of Suntour XC (either Comp or Pro, can't remember) or Shimano Deore DX, which is what this one had. New price was 1250GBP (about 2000GBP in today's money), although I paid a lot less in an end of season sale.

Shipping is difficult since I would have to beg a suitable box from the local bike shop, and the carriage cost would be about 30GBP...so probably not.

I can also throw in a pair of 40mm headset spanners, which the buyer will need in order to do any work on the headset. It is very hard to find these nowadays, unless they're the nasty "stepped" 36mm/40mm variety.

£100 if you can collect - I promised my wife it would be gone earlier in the week but someone was wasting my time (on another board) and it's still upstairs in the spare bedroom, its place in the garage having been taken by the new frame.

Back