SofTail comparative - Morati - Ibis - Serotta - Ritchey

"Yes and my Mojo Titanium too."
Nosch!
He's one of my favorite builders.
next thing you're going to tell me you have a Bow-Ti as well...

syncrosfan":2jzo2dbk said:
Good lord! I want them all!
What about the comparative part? Would like to hear some riding impressions....

Yes, comparative riding test enter two materials, two shok technologies and three frame conception.

For objective comparative, I have take hardtail model for reference.
By chance, I have Serotta and Ibis rigid with Ancotech tubeset very near.

-Materials :
Steel by Tange for Ritchey in WCS finish
Titanium 3Al 2.5V classic with 6-4 for BB or dropouts for all. Morati some classic tubes with machined parts, Ibis Ancotech tubes with machined plate for chainstays and Serotta Ancotech tubes on special tubeset quad butted !

Bikes :

syncrosfan":1gl0w2zg said:
The Mojo Ti is a thing of beauty! Is the rigid fork from Ibis as well?

I don't have Bow Ti, search one in size M and for the fork, made for me with my specifications by Skyde ( two mades, one for me and one for Rony).

The fork does match the frame pretty nicely.
I love the Ritchey (but why in the hell were they always making their head-tubes so short? The stack of spacers proves that it needs to be much higher to make the bike ride-able, I get it that the low front helps with climbing but c'mon it would feel pretty sketchy on a descent with it being so low, wish they had a more balanced geometry approach).
the Sik-Ti is a close second for me (love the flat plate chain-stays, the only thing kind of ugly is the oversized rubber boot around the shock area, wonder what's it looking like underneath?)
In any case it's an amazing collection!

Re:

:shock: stunning! :cool:

doesn't compare. but having one out of four (SilkTi) and a DeKerf Team ST currently in my stable isn't too bad! :LOL:

syncrosfan":1ru8j2px said:
the Sik-Ti is a close second for me (love the flat plate chain-stays, the only thing kind of ugly is the oversized rubber boot around the shock area, wonder what's it looking like underneath?)
In any case it's an amazing collection!
agreed, not a huge fan of the big fat rubber boot in the back. though i believe i read somewhere that it is more than just a cover to keep that area clean and actually performs a function in helping with the shock performance. :?

Back