So I'm at work now, and the phone rings............

DLR is my all time hero.

Many things I have got into were partly inspired by the man.

Bluegrass was my own idea, he ripped me off on that one.

I copped the Vai guitar stylings for a decade, but it never worked for me.

All things come back to DLR.

The Philippines are my favorite place other than the Caribbean, the people are amazingly friendly and everything is shockingly inexpensive.

There is no better place in Asia to have a party.

Whale sharks abound.

:)

highlandsflyer":3jzztyoa said:
Vai's entry into Zappa was far more spectacular.
BITD, the rumour about why he left was quite intriguing.

I suspect it was complete bollocks, though - as most things were, then that were word of mouth and embellished like chinese whispers at every turn.

All I know is that Zappa took guitar playing into the next world, and EVH showed a clean pair of heels to anyone in the modern era.

I just say' i'll get whoever it is' then put the reciever under the pillow off the hook , then it's up to them how long they want to hang on for, after all i'm not paying for the call. They always ask for mr. Pitt ?!, so sometimes i say he's by the pool with Angie and i'll just see if he's free!

"ah, glad you called. We are the countries leading suppliers of cavity wall insulation. Can you put me through to the person in charge of your buildings maintenance"

Chopper1192":3bypokb5 said:
"ah, glad you called. We are the countries leading suppliers of cavity wall insulation. Can you put me through to the person in charge of your buildings maintenance"

Is that telemarketing a telemarketer?

Ive been getting of late a strange series of calls looking for the old owner of my house who is in his 80's
Always the same is such and such there? I ask who is calling and they repeat the question :? so i ask again and they hang up.
Googled the number and its scammers from Bermuda :x fkers,targeting the elderly again. :evil:
Put paid to it with my emergency whistle
Phone rang
I answered and spoke in a low voice so he had to listen really closely
Deep breath......
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:LOL: ;)

I get fed up with these people even though I have been registered with the Telephone Preference service for as long as I can remember, I generally tell them to remove my number but if they continue to try and continue their pitch I descend into a foul tirade of obscenities that have on one occasion caused the caller to hang up on me then call back and leave a death threat on my answer phone but I often put them on hold and see how long it takes them to hang up.

Back