so i started a bike shop. update 24/04/24

Re: so i started a bike shop.

so, what are your opening times? :)

Wanna know when I can pop in for a cuppa!

Are you on streetlife? It's a pretty active website that caters only to local areas.

Re:

monday to friday 9-530, and saturday 9-4 as it gets quiet from then and that will mean i can ride from 4pm :D

Sounds like you know what you want to do so good on you. I think that's half the battle. There's a hundred ways to get from a to b. Decide your route and stick to it, that my advice

A big congrats fella on making your dream a reallity and taking your time to do it right and it's about time too ;) ..

All i can say is why the hell couldn't you of put up shop round the Manchester area as your to far away for me to pop in :LOL: but joking apart i hope your new bike shop strives to be a long term healthy venture with lots of loyal paying customers and new friends made along the way ..

All the best mate ,
Ian

Really good to hear it's going well. My advice was just that and wasn't intended as 'you must'! ;-)

When you've got your feet under the table, which it sounds like you have, it's good to have a rough idea of what's next to a) keep things fresh and exciting and b) keep the revenue stream options varied and open. I couldn't believe my eyes the other day that Evans Cycles down here in London were charging a fiver on just labour, to change an inner tube. There's money to made right now so if that's a primary driver for you, make some hay whilst the sun-shines ;-)

Best of luck and all that but am I missing the post where you said where you actually are?

We need more personal service type service rather than the big boys. Nice one Jon.

al-onestare":7jxdo62u said:
I couldn't believe my eyes the other day that Evans Cycles down here in London were charging a fiver on just labour, to change an inner tube.
Sounds about right to me, maybe too cheap tbh. If it takes 10mins that's only £30/hr which is hardly ridiculous when you think of their overheads. If the tyre is a tight one and it takes 15 they're down to £20/hr.

Plus if someone can't [be bothered to] change a tube themselves they really should be inconvenienced in the pocket.

66 triumph daytona":jcvgf7wz said:
I`d say you will do well.Looks like you have a good mix of enthusiasm and realism.Best of luck to you.

You seem to have a great business head on you which is critical. There is such a fine line in the trade between long term success and failure. Personality and treating all customers well is vital, even the @$$Os. Look after your health, don't over do it and take regular time out to stay fresh and mentally recharged. Too easy to grind yourself into a bad state trying to do the impossible.

Good luck.

Re:

Good luck with the shop.

I've liked your facebook page, perhaps a few more RB'ers can like it to get you up to 200!?

Latest posts

Back