so i started a bike shop. update 24/04/24

That Orange….. is it just me, or does anyone else think it looks like the evolution of the Santa Cruz Superlight?!?

I was told by my old boss, when I first started working for him at Stif, that his old mate Lester got in touch and bought a Bullit. At some point after, the 5 was launched.

Just repeating what I was told.

One question, do you do full bike builds. For example if I drop of freshly painted frame and a box of parts. I can PM with details ?

@widowmaker yes, it's just a workshop job like anything else, the labour rate depends on how complicated the build is, internal cable etc, bleeding brakes but mainly how good the paint job is, for example, if it's a basic Powder coat job and the non bike trade powder coater paints the threads and i have to spend for hours prepping a frame before i can fit a BB then i charge more as it's time consuming and damages my tools, however if painted by a good painter that has prepped the threads it's less as i can just assembly

@widowmaker yes, it's just a workshop job like anything else, the labour rate depends on how complicated the build is, internal cable etc, bleeding brakes but mainly how good the paint job is, for example, if it's a basic Powder coat job and the non bike trade powder coater paints the threads and i have to spend for hours prepping a frame before i can fit a BB then i charge more as it's time consuming and damages my tools, however if painted by a good painter that has prepped the threads it's less as i can just assembly

Thanks, I'll drop you a PM when I know my plans.

Really, looks less than that. Mine is really slack. Admittedly I dont know how you work these things out, i was always bad at sums, but loking at the angles i would have said 63 or so, maybe even less.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back